First MLB Manager Fired this Season?

First MLB Mananger Fired this Season?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. First MLB Mananger Fired this Season?

• Jerry Narron - Reds
    • Joe Torre - Yankees
    • Ozzie Guillen - White Sox
    • Tony LaRussa - Cardinals
    • Charlie Manual - Phillies
    • Other

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guillen won't be fired, the offense just hasn't done ANYTHING so far this year and with Thome out a little bit longer, not Guillen's fault.

ALTHOUGH with Guillen prone to saying all kinds of stupid things in press conferences, he would get fired for saying something as opposed to not producing on the field.

I would LOVE to see Narron go, but we will probably need to let the season play out and then he would be "let go" in the off season.

I'm not a huge fan of Narron, but if he were to get the axe, whom would everyone want for his replacement. I don't think Bucky Dent is the answer. I was hoping it would happen last year, and that Sweet Lou would have been the man.

So if they fire Narron, Hamilton will go with him?

In the end Hamilton is still an addict. Part of what's keeping his life stable right now is the support of Jerry and his brother. Messing with that support system could cause some bad repercussions...

No, but Narron and his brother are obviously huge mentors for him. It certainly is a plus for Jerry.
I think this is a ridiculous theory.

This baseball team does not play fundamental baseball 90% of the time. The manager makes horrendous decisions and puts out ridiculous lineups, night in and night out. These all fall onthe manager.

They will find a nother babysitter for Josh Hamilton, if anyone thinks his support system is solely dependant on the Narrons, then maybe he's not the hero we're making him out to be.

In the end Hamilton is still an addict. Part of what's keeping his life stable right now is the support of Jerry and his brother. Messing with that support system could cause some bad repercussions...
So do you think Narron should be fired based upon his managerial decisions and philosophies?