Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK in good shape regarding NCAA APR

Featured Replies

14 of the 22 sports tie or exceed the national average, for public universities.

Hoops a little under the 925, but are OK based on size of their squad.

This after a year of Rondo and Sims leaving and Shagari, the GPA killer.

Was a tad concerned, but all should be OK.

Even though Morris has left, Perry, Obrzut and Thomas should cancel him out.

http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/apr2006/334_2006_apr.pdf

So we are safe and nobody can take our toys away? Right?

 

Shagari a GPA killer...:D

What's BCG's track record with the APR?

What's BCG's track record with the APR?
Pretty good, considering the classes... :sssh:
What's BCG's track record with the APR?

 

Hes really never been anywhere long enough to have much of an APR.

A&M is a pretty good academic school isn't it?

A&M is a pretty good academic school isn't it?
Unless you're a ball player taking poultry science.

 

Antoine Wright Exposes Cheating at Texas A&M

 

I know lots of schools have jock majors, but a couple of points:

 

1) This one was obviously below and beyond the normal pathetic bar that is set for athletes, since it was placing multiple Aggies on the Big-12 All Academic team

 

2) Wright says that athletes were using old tests to cheat.

 

3) Wright says off the bat that he had more of an education in high school. "Once I got to college, you know I kinda let my hair down a little bit, like I don't have to write term papers anymore, I just have to get a grade, and, play basketball."

[/url]

Unless you're a ball player taking poultry science.

 

Antoine Wright Exposes Cheating at Texas A&M

 

I know lots of schools have jock majors, but a couple of points:

 

1) This one was obviously below and beyond the normal pathetic bar that is set for athletes, since it was placing multiple Aggies on the Big-12 All Academic team

 

2) Wright says that athletes were using old tests to cheat.

 

3) Wright says off the bat that he had more of an education in high school. "Once I got to college, you know I kinda let my hair down a little bit, like I don't have to write term papers anymore, I just have to get a grade, and, play basketball."

[/url]

 

I would suspect that it is this way for a lot of athletes at major D-1 schools. Maybe not so much the cheating part but at least being put into majors that offer a lot of cupcake classes. Not saying it right because it isn't, just seems thats the way the cookie crumbles.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/2007-05-02-apr-rates_N.htm

The NCAA stepped up a crackdown on academics Wednesday, subjecting 81 poor-performing teams to immediate scholarship reductions and flagging more than four dozen as chronic offenders that could be hit with harsher sanctions a year from now.

Four football teams coming off bowl appearances — Hawaii, Western Michigan, Middle Tennessee State and San Jose State — and I-AA playoff qualifiers Montana State and Hampton are among 23 football teams facing the scholarship restrictions. Among 20 affected baseball teams is No. 25 College of Charleston.

 

Cincinnati and Iowa State are the most prominent of 14 affected men's basketball teams.

 

 

For programs that continue to lag, the NCAA will start handing out postseason bans in 2009.

Unless you're a ball player taking poultry science.

 

Hey, when you're sitting down to your next chicken sandwich from Chik-fil-a or having Chicken Cordon Bleu, you think about the people who majored in poultry science that bettered your chicken consumption experience! :cool:

Cincinnati and Iowa State are the most prominent of 14 affected men's basketball teams.

 

[/i]

Thanks Nancy... :rolleyes:

Unless you're a ball player taking poultry science.

 

Antoine Wright Exposes Cheating at Texas A&M

 

I know lots of schools have jock majors, but a couple of points:

 

1) This one was obviously below and beyond the normal pathetic bar that is set for athletes, since it was placing multiple Aggies on the Big-12 All Academic team

 

2) Wright says that athletes were using old tests to cheat.

 

3) Wright says off the bat that he had more of an education in high school. "Once I got to college, you know I kinda let my hair down a little bit, like I don't have to write term papers anymore, I just have to get a grade, and, play basketball."

[/url]

 

 

Bit of a biased website there for a source huh? :lol: Texas Longhorns website saying Texas A&M cheats?:p

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.