Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP All-State team announced

Featured Replies

:D....

 

I must have just seen the Brooks comment. OK, suprised that at that point there was just one!

  • Replies 95
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it looked pretty good. I may have put Miller on first team instead of Proffitt, but that would be about it.

Hicks wasnt on the ballot? How is that even possible?

I thought it looked pretty good. I may have put Miller on first team instead of Proffitt, but that would be about it.

Hicks wasnt on the ballot? How is that even possible?

Finally! Someone agrees with me!

Do the same journalist vote on the all state team that vote on the weakly AP top 10? If so there are only a handfull of voters, from mostly small-town papers. I would think the Lex Herald Leader and Louisville Courier Journal all state team would be more representive of the state. I think those are voted on by the head coaches of the state.

Wait a minute. Darius Miller was not voted one of the top 5 high school players in Kentucky by the AP voters? Come on. There is not a chance in the world Miller was not a top 5 player in Kentucky this year.

Like several have mentioned, Miller should have been 1st team and Coach Hicks should have been Coach of the Year. Other than that I dont have a lot of complaints.

Hicks did a good job, but then again so did Riley, and he didn't have two or more future Division I players at his disposal.

 

Personally, I would have cast a vote for Code ... Brossart wasn't all that talented, but I absolutely love the way they play defense.

Being recruited by Duke, scholly offers from Ky, Florida, and UT on the table and you are not first team all state? Huh?

Hicks did a good job, but then again so did Riley, and he didn't have two or more future Division I players at his disposal.

 

Personally, I would have cast a vote for Code ... Brossart wasn't all that talented, but I absolutely love the way they play defense.

 

:laugh:

 

I knew you would come a long and disagree with me. Coach Hicks coached a team that accomplished something no team had accomplished in this state since the 1940s. In the meantime beat the #1 team in USA Today at the time. I really think he is definitly coach of the year this year.

Hicks did a great job this year, no question about it. But there were other deserving candidates, too ... guys that didn't have the talent to work with that Hicks did.

 

Scott County is one of the most talented teams we've had in some time ... honestly, nothing they did came as a great surprise to me.

 

Was Huntington ever #1 in the USA Today rankings ... or were they simply at #2 and poised to move up to #1 the next week? As far as I can tell, Huntington had a good measure of dysfunction to go with their top-shelf talent.

Scott County is one of the most talented teams we've had in some time ... nothing they did came as a great surprise to me.

 

Was Huntington ever #1 in the USA Today rankings ... or were they simply at #2 and poised to move up to #1 the next week? As far as I can tell, Huntington had a good measure of dysfunction to go with their top-shelf talent.

 

There you go always trying to downplay success of young men. I am pretty sure they were ranked #1 at the time.

As for the most talent, I thought from top to bottom Tates Creek, Covington Holmes, and Ballard were just as talented and more athletic than Scott County. Coach Hicks developed the players skills to be that good. No player was a transfer. All of them were kids he has developed for years.

Holmes and Ballard may have been more "athletic" in a sense, but not more talented ... shooting is an integral part of the game, and Scott County had both those teams beat hands down in that area.

 

Talent and athleticism aren't always the same thing.

There you go always trying to downplay success of young men.
Whatever. I call like I see it ... if you don't like it, tough.
Holmes and Ballard may have been more "athletic" in a sense, but not more talented ... shooting is an integral part of the game, and Scott County had both those teams beat hands down in that area.

 

Talent and athleticism aren't always the same thing.

 

Scott County hit 2 3's the entire game against Ballard I believe. I think Ballard had 1 player hit 3 3 pointers

 

Which I understand your point.

 

The thing is those programs have just as much to work with as Scott County, but Coach Hicks got more out of his players than anyone else got at that high of a level.

 

And you cannot take away the accomplishments made by this team. No one has done what they have done in almost 60 years. Wes Unseld's teams didnt. The great Fairdale teams didnt, Lexington Catholic, no one.

Hicks did a great job this year, no question about it. But there were other deserving candidates, too ... guys that didn't have the talent to work with that Hicks did.

 

Scott County is one of the most talented teams we've had in some time ... honestly, nothing they did came as a great surprise to me.

 

Was Huntington ever #1 in the USA Today rankings ... or were they simply at #2 and poised to move up to #1 the next week? As far as I can tell, Huntington had a good measure of dysfunction to go with their top-shelf talent.

Even if you dont think he was the coach of the year, you have to wonder why he wasnt even on the ballot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.