Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Women's Job

Featured Replies

I would have to say at this point that Mitchell is one of the front runners....

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or BGP moving away from a great place to read about what's happening with all of these comments in every thread?

 

While the women's program at Kentucky is not an elite program, they're in THE conference for women's hoops and have been very competitive the past few years. Losing Demoss will hurt, but hopefully she did enough in her tenure here so that someone else can come in and pick up right where she left off.

 

I find it hard to believe that the Kentucky job is not one of the top openings in women's college basketball right now - although, I must admit, I'm far from a fan of women's college bball.

 

 

Yeah, its just you...:p

Don Imus is out of work and has a history with women's basketball now.................

Don Imus is out of work and has a history with women's basketball now.................

:scared:

What would you think if I told you Mitch was going to hire Pokey Chatman?

Probably a good hire ukpat. So the girl has some lifestyle issues. By now she has learned her lesson (keep it in the closet) and will definitely get the best players in the country or at least the ones that pat doesnt scrape up.

I'd say it would be a good hire. Yes she comes with a little "baggage", for lack of a better word, from her previous employer, but the lady can flat out coach.

Probably a good hire ukpat. So the girl has some lifestyle issues. By now she has learned her lesson (keep it in the closet) and will definitely get the best players in the country or at least the ones that pat doesnt scrape up.

Sorry doc, I posted a similar response, must have been posting about the same time.:thumb:

What would you think if I told you Mitch was going to hire Pokey Chatman?

 

Are you speculating or have you heard from reliable source? Would be an interesting hire, thats for sure. I would have to think she brings to much baggage and there hasn't been enough time from the LSU mess.

 

:fight:

Baggage, I prefer to call them championships and wins!

Your wording ( lifestyle issues) was a little better than mine, but we both agree she is an excellant coach.

What would you think if I told you Mitch was going to hire Pokey Chatman?

 

I heard some people talking at a girls all star game and they said her problems were the same reason Demoss left. I don't know, was just eavesdropping. :sssh:

What would you think if I told you Mitch was going to hire Pokey Chatman?

 

 

I would be happy.

I cant believe UK would hire Chatman after what she was fired for. I would not want my daughter playing for her. The womans game has improved tremendously and so has the Coaching. There has to be some high quality coaches who would want the job. They have the same facilities as the Mens team.

Dawgs83, come back to reality hoss, look at female college athletics in general. I am not saying its right and I am making a big generalization but in this forum I feel like it is justified: It's everywhere in the female athletic world. Soccer,softball, swimming, track, basketball no female athletic sport is exempt from this (what I consider) problem. Its not going anywhere either, so you might as well take from someone who has learned a lesson from this and can continue the winning ways at UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.