Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KY All-Star tryouts?

Featured Replies

Who all is trying out for the Ky All-Stars this year? I know that 16 of them that won their respected POY awards get invited. Is there a list anywhere?

  • Replies 147
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all is trying out for the Ky All-Stars this year? I know that 16 of them that won their respected POY awards get invited. Is there a list anywhere?

I don't have a list but I know that Preson Knowles and Tristian Jones of GRC have been invited to try out.

 

Here is some more info:

 

Kentucky Team

 

How they are selected

 

First 16 to be invited are the Player of the Year from each Region as voted by coaches.

Ballots to all coaches in the state choose the next 10.

Ballots to media in the state choose the following 10 to be invived.

The last four are chosen by the Coacheds and Game Director.

40 Boys and 40 Girls players are invited to tryouts

Tryouts are April 20-21 at Georgetown College

Jamie Case-Belfry(15th POY)

Justin Hicks-Hazard(14th POY)

Ty Profitt-SL(13th POY)

 

Just 3 more names that will be there.

Fairdale's Reggie Smith will tryout.

Fairdale's Reggie Smith will tryout.
I wouldn't be suprised at all to see this kid make the squad, he can flat play.:ylsuper:

I just heard that Kane Belcher from Pendleton County got an invite and he is very deserving.

9th Region- Ausitn Hill will be trying out.

He's the best player I seen all year, and I saw some good ones, has he made up his mind where hes going to school in the fall??

He's the best player I seen all year, and I saw some good ones, has he made up his mind where hes going to school in the fall??

 

He has narrowed his decisions down to Texas A&M, Winthrop, and Xavier. He plans on taking visits to all of those schools during the spring but Akron has recently come in the picture and Western has been recruiting him hard as well.

He has narrowed his decisions down to Texas A&M, Winthrop, and Xavier. He plans on taking visits to all of those schools during the spring but Akron has recently come in the picture and Western has been recruiting him hard as well.
:thumb:, I'd like to see him a Xavier personally.

 

What about Rice, is he planning on playing anywhere??

:thumb:, I'd like to see him a Xavier personally.

 

What about Rice, is he planning on playing anywhere??

 

Xavier could be a possiblity but not very likely. Ausitn wants an uptempo offense. Winthrop or A&M would be better fits for him. But if he wants to play right away, Akron or Western.

 

As for Rice I'm not too sure about his future plans. The junior year off really hurt him. I know Mississippi St was recruiting him pretty hard his sophomore year. I'd suspect Rice will go the JC route then transfer to a D1 school.

Xavier could be a possiblity but not very likely. Ausitn wants an uptempo offense. Winthrop or A&M would be better fits for him. But if he wants to play right away, Akron or Western.

 

As for Rice I'm not too sure about his future plans. The junior year off really hurt him. I know Mississippi St was recruiting him pretty hard his sophomore year. I'd suspect Rice will go the JC route then transfer to a D1 school.

if he can stretch himself out about 2 more inches to about 6'6'' he will have a much easier time of things...

Xavier could be a possiblity but not very likely. Ausitn wants an uptempo offense. Winthrop or A&M would be better fits for him. But if he wants to play right away, Akron or Western.

 

As for Rice I'm not too sure about his future plans. The junior year off really hurt him. I know Mississippi St was recruiting him pretty hard his sophomore year. I'd suspect Rice will go the JC route then transfer to a D1 school.

Thanks for the info. If you find out anything else let me know.:thumb:
if he can stretch himself out about 2 more inches to about 6'6'' he will have a much easier time of things...

 

I agree. Greg can play a 2 or 3 at the next level, but would have to work on his ball handling skills.

Thanks for the info. If you find out anything else let me know.:thumb:

 

Will do. I should know a little more in about a week. I'll keep you updated.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.