Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billy Clyde on Rome is Burning Thurs.

Featured Replies

I think it was "Billy Joe Bob Jenkins from Hazard" who called.

Was it BillyRayJoeBob from Bluegrasspreps? :eek:

 

 

Just kidding, it was Hazard. The rest of the quote was ..."and I know this 8th grader named ________ who is going to be a star. I'd like your comments on him and I'll hang up and listen to your answer".

 

She had the shtick down pat. (She said grew up on Tobacco Road, went to school in Indiana and lived several years in KY.)

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about the woman reporter on Rome's show that just commented on UK fans, and said just wait till some guy named Billy Joe Jim Bob from Jenkins calls in on the coaches show. Now why won't she get blasted for sterotyping?

 

I think what she said is what many of my fellow UK fans choose not to believe, and this is we do have alot more unrealistic expectations than any other school including Duke, and UNC...I know I respect what she said because she has lived in all of the places, so she has experienced it first hand and knows what it is like in every place, and she even says at Ky there are more unrealistic expectations than any other place...

 

However I think Bluegrass Billy is going to make everyone pretty happy, and there will be very little of anything to complain about with him, because I think he will bring us NCAA championships soon enough....:thumb:

Gotta love him getting pimp slapped by Jim everett or Chris Everett as Jim referred to him.

Gotta love this if you hate Jim Rome as much as I do.

 

Who was the guy sitting next to her? I thought he was awful.

 

 

He had a cruel double meaning to what he was saying. He was right in the fact that he said Gillespie could relate more to the fans than Tubby, and he could have just left it at that. However, he kept on insinuating the reason Kentuckians could not see eye to eye with Tubby was because of race based issues. I have no idea about the other posters on here, but I found the way he came off, and the way he said these things to be very offensive and far from the truth.

Gotta love this if you hate Jim Rome as much as I do.

 

That made his career. If you hate Rome, I don't see how you can like that clip... :p

^

 

It's funny how Romie has tried to come off all hard for like the past five years or so. It was obvious that his hard image took a big hit after the Up-Close incident, and it's like he has forgot about that. Haha, the sad thing is that I think 90% of the people who even know who Jim Rome is has forgotten it too.

 

GT is right though. If that would have never happened then Romie would not have lasted more than five years afterwards.

He had a cruel double meaning to what he was saying. He was right in the fact that he said Gillespie could relate more to the fans than Tubby, and he could have just left it at that. However, he kept on insinuating the reason Kentuckians could not see eye to eye with Tubby was because of race based issues. I have no idea about the other posters on here, but I found the way he came off, and the way he said these things to be very offensive and far from the truth.

 

Agreed.

He had a cruel double meaning to what he was saying. He was right in the fact that he said Gillespie could relate more to the fans than Tubby, and he could have just left it at that. However, he kept on insinuating the reason Kentuckians could not see eye to eye with Tubby was because of race based issues. I have no idea about the other posters on here, but I found the way he came off, and the way he said these things to be very offensive and far from the truth.

I never had a problem with relating to Tubby. Not sure why you feel Gillespie will be able to relate to the fans more than Tubby unless it is race reasons.

 

Not trying to bring any race issue whatsoever but just never felt that I could not relate to Tubby.

Gotta love this if you hate Jim Rome as much as I do.

 

 

:thumb: :thumb:

 

A lot of talk show hosts need the same thing to happen to them. So many of them HIDE behind their radio mic or on TV.

That made his career. If you hate Rome, I don't see how you can like that clip... :p

Was it real or Staged?

Not sure why you feel Gillespie will be able to relate to the fans more than Tubby unless it is race reasons.

 

Tubby never seemed as excited about UK basketball as the fans were. I think thats the issue.

 

Tubby has a pretty reserved personality, and while there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, he doesn't connect as well with the fans.

Tubby never seemed as excited about UK basketball as the fans were. I think thats the issue.

 

Tubby has a pretty reserved personality, and while there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, he doesn't connect as well with the fans.

I never felt that and never seemed he indicated that.

 

I do think the last year just wore him down. The pressure from every quarter. I remember reading somewhere that he was at a golf tournament somewhere and was standing beside a fan that had a UK hat. They said hi and he started selling the fan on that they were going to right this ship.

 

I think, as Mickie Demoss was, they wore down from the pressure and the 24/7 of UK basketball.

Gotta love this if you hate Jim Rome as much as I do.

 

 

 

I can't watch this because I am at school, but if it is that famous video of Rome getting smacked off his chair, then I can't wait till I get home.:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.