April 6, 200719 yr Let's face it: Billy Gillespie has coached our Cats for well over five hours now, and what has he done for the program? He hasn't won a single national championship...not even an SEC title! And his recruiting record has been dismal since he took over the program -- not a single blue chipper. Now I know there have been a lot of Billy-bashers on this site over the hours; but I'm not one of them. I just think that the style of play he's brought to UK isn't working for the talent we have on board. Billy Gillespie is a nice guy, and would do well in the right setting. But he hasn't proved that he can win the big games at Rupp and has done nothing to restore the pride of the storied tradition that is UK basketball! And we've been more than patient. We let him finish breakfast...we let him check his email...we even let him use the rest room -- twice! And what has it gotten us? Not a single Final Four appearance. So I pose the question: Is it time for Billy to step down gracefully and let UK move on to a coach that can truly restore the UK dynasty? Love it when a bit writes itself. Props to the 18%ers for the great material. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Great stuff, BF!
April 6, 200719 yr I, for one, will give him more time than that....I'd want to look at 5 years and see where the programs at then before calling for anyones head... Lets give the guy a chance to at least get a couple of recruiting classes in and then give those guys a year or 2 in the program, before passing judgement... :thumb: :thumb:
April 6, 200719 yr Let's face it: Billy Gillespie has coached our Cats for well over five hours now, and what has he done for the program? He hasn't won a single national championship...not even an SEC title! And his recruiting record has been dismal since he took over the program -- not a single blue chipper. Now I know there have been a lot of Billy-bashers on this site over the hours; but I'm not one of them. I just think that the style of play he's brought to UK isn't working for the talent we have on board. Billy Gillespie is a nice guy, and would do well in the right setting. But he hasn't proved that he can win the big games at Rupp and has done nothing to restore the pride of the storied tradition that is UK basketball! And we've been more than patient. We let him finish breakfast...we let him check his email...we even let him use the rest room -- twice! And what has it gotten us? Not a single Final Four appearance. So I pose the question: Is it time for Billy to step down gracefully and let UK move on to a coach that can truly restore the UK dynasty? Love it when a bit writes itself. Props to the 18%ers for the great material. Does Tubby need an assistant at Minnesota?:thumb:
April 6, 200719 yr BF is mad that he didn't get it right with his sources and the new UK coach is Travis Ford. :sssh:
April 6, 200719 yr After the last 2 weeks on here,I am glad to see some humor back on this site..Thanks,Birdsfan..
April 6, 200719 yr Author BF is mad that he didn't get it right with his sources and the new UK coach is Travis Ford. :sssh: Hey, they weren't my sources. They were my sources, sources -- twice removed! But I was the first to break the news that Tubby would be gone. So I should get half credit for that.
April 6, 200719 yr After the last 2 weeks on here,I am glad to see some humor back on this site..Thanks,Birdsfan.. What are you talking about???? It's been nothing but humorous for that time period!
April 7, 200719 yr Billy G's winning percentage at Rupp is 100%. Not bad for only having the job for half a day:thumb:
April 7, 200719 yr If Billy does not make it to the sweet 16 in 3 years, the fans will want his drunk butt kicked out of Lexington. For some of the bashers, if he doesn't take the Cats to the final 4 NEXT season and every season there after they will be calling for his head.
April 7, 200719 yr Billy G's winning percentage at Rupp is 100%. Not bad for only having the job for half a day:thumb: :thumb: 2-0 and one of those vs. Whoisville and Pitino.
April 7, 200719 yr Nah he will still have folks that are excited when he makes it once every eight years swearing he is the best coach in the nation;)
April 7, 200719 yr What are you talking about???? It's been nothing but humorous for that time period! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.