Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it Time For Billy G to Go?

Featured Replies

Gillespie needs to be fired.

Couldnt agree more.

  • Replies 76
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that this thread is an instant BGP classic!! :lol: :lol:

 

The sad thing is that a Billy Bashing Club is probably being organized as we speak. :sssh: :D I guess we can call the the B.B.C. when they surface. ;)

BF, don't encourage the UK fan masses. There will a thread like this, after 2 minutes into the first exhibition game....

 

Oh My, it was funny, though.

:thumb:

 

 

By the way, is it just me, or does Billy G. remind anyone else of Baretta?

 

Dan.jpg

 

He looks like Lieutenant Dan from Forrest Gump.

Well I think it's obvious....BILLY DONOVAN !

 

I'd like to thank Birdsfan for starting this thread. It's a nice break from what we've been dealing with over the last couple days.

 

In all honesty, I like Billy G from what I've seen so far. They need to shut down this press conference he's having so he can start recruiting:thumb:

Oh, for some reason I was seeing Pitino in your previous post. :D
Oh, for some reason I was seeing Pitino in your previous post. :D

Nah, I wanted Donovan. Really any coach would do, I just wanted someone I could compare to PITINO.

Nah, I wanted Donovan. Really any coach would do, I just wanted someone I could compare to PITINO.

 

How long have you had a crush on PITINO?:D

He's no PITINO. I want PITINO back. PITINO won a title here. Why cant he run PITINO'S style of offense. We need PITINO back. I miss PITINO. If we had PITINO this thread wouldnt even be open. If Billy G. does with any games it will be because of PITINO. I think I'm gonna go look at my PITINO poster for a while.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Another Classic!! and there are some that will seriously think this. :D

 

I'd like to thank Birdsfan for starting this thread. It's a nice break from what we've been dealing with over the last couple days.

 

:thumb: :thumb:

How long have you had a crush on PITINO?:D

PITINO is the only reason I live in Kentucky. I had a shot at very high paying executive job with microsoft but turned it down because of PITINO. Seriously, it's PITINO, the money wasnt worth it. I landed a job with a local sports memorabilia shop. It only pays $6.50 an hour, but with my employee discount I get 40 percent off all the PITINO gear I can get my hands on. In the end, I think it was worth it. PITINO would have done the same.

Let's face it: Billy Gillespie has coached our Cats for well over five hours now, and what has he done for the program? He hasn't won a single national championship...not even an SEC title! And his recruiting record has been dismal since he took over the program -- not a single blue chipper.

 

Now I know there have been a lot of Billy-bashers on this site over the hours; but I'm not one of them. I just think that the style of play he's brought to UK isn't working for the talent we have on board.

 

Billy Gillespie is a nice guy, and would do well in the right setting. But he hasn't proved that he can win the big games at Rupp and has done nothing to restore the pride of the storied tradition that is UK basketball! And we've been more than patient. We let him finish breakfast...we let him check his email...we even let him use the rest room -- twice! And what has it gotten us? Not a single Final Four appearance.

 

So I pose the question: Is it time for Billy to step down gracefully and let UK move on to a coach that can truly restore the UK dynasty?

 

 

 

 

Love it when a bit writes itself. Props to the 18%ers for the great material. ;)

 

:laugh: Classic!!!

Let's face it: Billy Gillespie has coached our Cats for well over five hours now, and what has he done for the program? He hasn't won a single national championship...not even an SEC title! And his recruiting record has been dismal since he took over the program -- not a single blue chipper.

 

Now I know there have been a lot of Billy-bashers on this site over the hours; but I'm not one of them. I just think that the style of play he's brought to UK isn't working for the talent we have on board.

 

Billy Gillespie is a nice guy, and would do well in the right setting. But he hasn't proved that he can win the big games at Rupp and has done nothing to restore the pride of the storied tradition that is UK basketball! And we've been more than patient. We let him finish breakfast...we let him check his email...we even let him use the rest room -- twice! And what has it gotten us? Not a single Final Four appearance.

 

So I pose the question: Is it time for Billy to step down gracefully and let UK move on to a coach that can truly restore the UK dynasty?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Love it when a bit writes itself. Props to the 18%ers for the great material. ;)

 

 

 

 

Hey Edith? What's that copy and paste thing you do. Can you do it fer me, I may need this next year.

I hope Billy G makes a final four or even an elite 8 his first year just so I can tell everyone he did it with Tubby's players.
Have you seen them play???:laugh: PITINO would'nt even want this team. Great post however about PITINO and could you get us a PITINO poster signed?
If Billy does not make it to the sweet 16 in 3 years, the fans will want his drunk butt kicked out of Lexington. :p

 

 

I, for one, will give him more time than that....I'd want to look at 5 years and see where the programs at then before calling for anyones head... Lets give the guy a chance to at least get a couple of recruiting classes in and then give those guys a year or 2 in the program, before passing judgement...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.