Highlands vs. Trotwood (Take #2)

theguru

Not to put the "cart before the horse" but does anyone know what dates are the playoff games for '07?

Aug. 24 Ryle away

Sep. 2 Trotwood home (Nippert stadium) this is on a Sunday

Sep. 7 Holmes home

Sep. 14 Dixie away

Sep. 22 Cov. Cath. away 1:00 Saturday

Sep. 29 Hopkinsville home 3:00 Saturday

Oct. 5 Scott home

Oct. 12 Lex. Cath away

Oct. 19 bye

Oct. 26 Madison Central away

Nov. 2 Louisville Central away

According to this, the playoffs would start on Nov. 9 and run until Dec. 6 or7

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to put the "cart before the horse" but does anyone know what dates are the playoff games for '07?
According to the info I have -- if it's right -- the dates are:

Nov. 9 - First Round

Nov. 16 - Second Round

Nov. 23 - Regional Final

Nov. 30 - State Semi-Final

Dec. 7 - State Championship

I really like the look of Highlands' schedule for 2007! It seems to have a very nice mix of opponents. I am glad to hear that HHS will be playing Trotwood instead of Colerain... I think Highlands would do well never to play Colerain again (but I know that some of my fellow Birds fans will disagree!).

I really like the look of Highlands' schedule for 2007! It seems to have a very nice mix of opponents. I am glad to hear that HHS will be playing Trotwood instead of Colerain... I think Highlands would do well never to play Colerain again (but I know that some of my fellow Birds fans will disagree!).

What is the Birds overall record against Ohio competition?

What is the Birds overall record against Ohio competition?

NOT GOOD (is that specific enough for you???)

Actually, the 'Birds have won a good number of games against Ohio teams, but in the recent past their record has not been very good.

If you look at HHS' football website linked above and go through the list of their opponents, you'll see their record against the Ohio teams.

NOT GOOD (is that specific enough for you???)

Actually, the 'Birds have won a good number of games against Ohio teams, but in the recent past their record has not been very good.

If you look at HHS' football website linked above and go through the list of their opponents, you'll see their record against the Ohio teams.

I don't feel like combing through the website. I would guess the record is around .500 though, which is probably better than CovCath has fared.

Just watched the video and wet myself because of the beginning... :eek:

LOL....That is pretty cool. They have more that are coming, Our Website has only been up for 1 year. Its really affordable. Like 100 bucks a year or so...I think. Our Booster Club pays for it.

Saw the Highlands site, and its very informative, lots of tradition.

Is there a helmet image of the Highlands Helmet? Like they have on Ohio helmet project ?

How many returing stasrters are coming back? I saw where their record was down from previosu years last season. What was up with that? Tough schedule, or just anot the right mix of players?

LOL....That is pretty cool. They have more that are coming, Our Website has only been up for 1 year. Its really affordable. Like 100 bucks a year or so...I think. Our Booster Club pays for it.

Saw the Highlands site, and its very informative, lots of tradition.

Is there a helmet image of the Highlands Helmet? Like they have on Ohio helmet project ?

How many returing stasrters are coming back? I saw where their record was down from previosu years last season. What was up with that? Tough schedule, or just anot the right mix of players?

This is what the helmet looks like...I'll let someone else tell you about last year....:D

Anyone! Bueller! Bueller! I don't think you will get too much out of last year. Let's just let that one go.

No need to let it go. Ram Attack, the Birds had a pretty good football team last year. The five losses are pretty misleading. We lost to Cinti Elder in a game we out gained them offensively by approx 100 yards. We made a couple of mistakes fielding punts, had a punt come down and hit the shoulder of the player blocking the punt team's gunner only to have the ball then bounce right into the hands of the gunner, but by most people's accounts outplayed Elder and beat them everywhere except where it counts, the score board. While Elder was down no doubt last year, people need to keep in mind that a down team for Elder is still a major challenge for Highlands with their huge size advantage over us. The next week we had to turn around and play Louisville St. X, a school that is even larger than Elder. We had 4 or 5 starters not practice at all that week from injuries sustained in the Elder game. Plus one of our starting defensive ends could not play against X as a result of being ejected from the Elder game. Finally, one of our starting running backs was still serving a three game disciplinary suspension (he of course also missed the Elder game). Inspite of those issues, Highlands lead X at the half in a game played on a very hot Saturday afternoon at Paul Brown Stadium. In the second half, as one might reasonably expect, the superior numbers of X, along with the fatigue of playing Elder the prior week and the heat became a factor. In spite of that, it was pretty much a one touch down game until late in the 4th quarter. Our third loss was a couple of weeks later against Columbus DeSales. Frankly this game, along with the Elder game, was a game we should not have lost. Players and coaches made mistakes and several opportunities to win the game were missed. Last two losses were both to CovCath, Highlands main rival. CovCath threw a perfectly executed fade pass in the corner of the end zone as time expired to win the first game. Both teams played well and neither team can say they dominated the other. The second game in the playoffs, CovCath won by 10 points. While I won't go so far as to say we were dominated, I'll admit that Highlands running offense for the first time all year was contained by CovCath's defense. When Highlands was forced to pass, we did not do so well at all. In the second half we threw 3 interceptions and turned over the ball on a fumble. You can't beat a good team (and CovCAth was a very good team last year), making those mistakes.

All in all, the Birds strength last year was its offensive line and main running back. Some folks on here and elsewhere were pretty critical (slight understatement) of the playcalling as focusing too much on the run and neglecting the pass. While I understand that criticism, its only fair to point out that even though teams knew we were going to run the ball, we still averaged over 300 yds per game rushing in spite our competition. We played very few players both ways last year, which also drew some criticism. But the result is that this year, we have a decent number of starters returning.

QB returns, as does one of the starting running backs and two offensive linemen. Two receivers with a lot of starts/playing time return. On defense, almost the entire linebacking corps returns along with a couple of starting defensive backs. Defensive line will be brand spanking new.

It will be a challenge to get our line play worked out and moving together by the second game of the season, but I think we have the talent to get it done.