Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands vs. Trotwood (Take #2)

Featured Replies

Only 3 home games this year?????????:confused:

  • Replies 79
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 3 home games this year?????????:confused:

 

 

That's the way the cookie crumbles some years. Call Jurgs and get some new rubber on the vehicle. Looks like we'll get a little windshield time this year. Certainly not the end of the world, that's for sure. I actually enjoy the away games more than the home games.

Only 3 home games this year?????????:confused:

The wheels on the bus go round and round!!!! :dancingpa

Only 3 home games this year?????????:confused:

I should have plenty of powder left over from last year.

That's the way the cookie crumbles some years.
I don't have the schedules in front of me, but it seems to be crumbling that way every year. Not only the idea of missing home games, but I'm a little concerned for our gate receipts.
I should have plenty of powder left over from last year.
Good thing you decided not to use a match to see what you were doing that night you ran out of powder loads! ;)
I don't have the schedules in front of me, but it seems to be crumbling that way every year. Not only the idea of missing home games, but I'm a little concerned for our gate receipts.

 

I agree about the concern on gate receipts. But we played Dixie at home for the last two years, so that had to be an away game this year. We played the reg. season game against CovCath at home, so that had to be an away game. Scott and Holmes the other two district opponents are both home. So within the district, its two home and two away. As for the other teams, we'd have played Conner at home if they'd have signed the contract. Now its off to Nippert. My guess is that Dale negotiated a pretty good guaranteed payment to make up for the lost home gate revenues. As for the other non district teams, Hoptown has agreed to make the trek to Highlands this year. Madison Central came to Highlands last year, so its our turn to travel to Richmond. Would have been nice if either Ryle, LexCath or Central would have been willing to come to Ft. Thomas this year, but they might have also been hurting for home games, and we really don't have a lot of leverage. We do have a difficult time getting teams to play us, particularly in N. Ky. And while we won't have a lot of home gate revenues this year, next year should be pretty good and things will balance out. I know it would be best if we played 5 home and 5 away every year, but unfortunately, things don't work out that easily.

I hope you're right and wee do have more home games next year. JUst seems that we've had quite a stretch where we were away for six or seven games.

I hope you're right and wee do have more home games next year. JUst seems that we've had quite a stretch where we were away for six or seven games.

 

 

Next year, we should have Ryle, CovCath, LexCAth, Mad Central and Lou. Central at home. Dixie will probably be away again to make up for getting to play them at home two years in a row. What happens in the second week next year is anyone's guess. I'm just glad we seemingly have gotten it settled for this year.

Next year, we should have Ryle, CovCath, LexCAth, Mad Central and Lou. Central at home. Dixie will probably be away again to make up for getting to play them at home two years in a row. What happens in the second week next year is anyone's guess. I'm just glad we seemingly have gotten it settled for this year.

:thumb:

Here is what I have:

 

Aug. 24 Ryle away

 

Sep. 2 Trotwood home (Nippert stadium) this is on a Sunday

 

Sep. 7 Holmes home

 

Sep. 14 Dixie away

 

Sep. 22 Cov. Cath. away 1:00 Saturday

 

Sep. 29 Hopkinsville home 3:00 Saturday

 

Oct. 5 Scott home

 

Oct. 12 Lex. Cath away

 

Oct. 19 bye

 

Oct. 26 Madison Central away

 

Nov. 2 Louisville Central away

Is the Ryle game being played in Union or is it scheduled to be played somewhere else.

Is the Ryle game being played in Union or is it scheduled to be played somewhere else.

I thought it was originally supposed to be at Paul Brown?????? :confused:

I thought it was originally supposed to be at Paul Brown?????? :confused:

That's what i thought!!!!

Anybody have a good scouting report on Trotwood? Top players, comparable to? etc

Anybody have a good scouting report on Trotwood? Top players, comparable to? etc

Don't have the link but you can get on Trotwoods web site. They have some absolute studs but had heard that they have a hard time playing together as a team. Very unpredictable!!!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.