Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barnes withdraws name from Kentucky job.

Featured Replies

Tom Crean is looking more and more likely.....

 

 

What does this say about how everyone else views UK and their "diehard" fanbase?

 

Three top notch coaches, yes Barnes qualifies as one, have all said they have no interest in the job....

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I really don't think that is the order of the coaches. I don't even think Barnes was the next choice, and since he removed his name, everyone assumed that he was. I really think Gillispie or someone that we haven't even mentioned will be the new coach.

Via Andy Katz, ESPN.

 

Well this is the best news I have heard all day!!!:dancingpa

 

Bring on Billy Gillispie!!!

Thank God! I would not want Barnes at UK.

I think he already knew that, but just wanted LSURock to say it. :D

 

 

 

Now I got cha.:thumb:

Barnes not coming......

 

 

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa

I'll join the celebration. No thanks on Barnes.

 

If only we can get the same commitment from Matta and Calipari, I'll be a happy man.

Who is surprised by this? I look for Rick Barnes to eventually route himself back to his native North Carolina area.

 

By the way, he would have satified UK's need of getting a crummy coach who is a great recruiter as well.

 

Fixed that for you ...

Fixed that for you ...

Thank you. I knew something didn't look right about that.

Thank you. I knew something didn't look right about that.

 

I don't know why people can't distinguish between a good coach and a good recruiter.

This is beginning to look a lot like the Bama search.:cool:

 

Only 1 coach rejected Bama and I am glad that he did! :D

Fixed that for you ...

I still think Barnes is a good coach, but I am more amazed at your "fixing" of my post.

 

Moderator or "Guru" like powers! Impressive.

I don't know why people can't distinguish between a good coach and a good recruiter.

Rick Barnes won at Providence (three NCAA's in five years), Clemson (three NCAA's in four years), and Texas (eight NCAA's in eight years).

 

Good coach and good recruiter as backed up by his records at three schools not known as basketball powers.

Rick Barnes won at Providence (three NCAA's in five years), Clemson (three NCAA's in four years), and Texas (eight NCAA's in eight years).

 

Good coach and good recruiter as backed up by his records at three schools not known as basketball powers.

 

 

He hasn't had the type of success that would satisfy the UK fanbase...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.