Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Seems a Plan B may exist

Featured Replies

Here is a link to the newest article in the Herald Leader..........Notice the paragraph stating "We have had productive conversations with various individuals over the last two weeks, and it’s obvious there are a number of outstanding coaches who could succeed at Kentucky."

 

 

http://www.kentucky.com/254/story/34961.html

Good because we need to move on. Hopefully its Calipari:D
After having his Final Four appearance VACATED by the NCAA for rules violations, you still would want Coach Cal?

Now that Donovan is not going to be the coach I don't know what to expect. I think we will name a coach in the next few days. I think it will be Tom Izzo. I don't want it to be though.

I'm going to say Rick Barnes by Monday.

I'd be satisfied with Calipari, Gillespie, Barnes or Matta personally. But, that's just me...we'll find out soon enough I imagine.

I hope it is Billy Gillespie because he has the passion necessary for the job, if not Phelphry then Barnes.If I were betting I would say Barnes but I hope I am wrong.

A lot of the coaches being named as possible candidates are not upgrades from Tubby!:confused:

Doesnt Matta already have another monster recruiting class lined up for Ohio State either this year or next?

After having his Final Four appearance VACATED by the NCAA for rules violations, you still would want Coach Cal?
Was Calipari named in any violations? If not, his record as clean, no matter how slimy some people think he is.

 

If memory serves, it was Camby's dalliance with an agent that landed UMass in some hot water, not anything that the basketball program did. Anyone that knows the inner workings of college basketball knows that you can't babysit players on a 24/7 basis ... sometimes they will do some things that they shouldn't.

Hopefully Matta brings some of that with him. I've heard he has like 5 top 30 guys.

A lot of the coaches being named as possible candidates are not upgrades from Tubby!:confused:
That's been the view some of us have held for some time ... there is no guarantee that Kentucky can land a coach that is appreciably better than Tubby Smith. Sometimes fans need to be careful what they wish for ...

I'm getting an error with that link, Fish.

Go for D'Antoni!!!!!!!!!!!

That's been the view some of us have held for some time ... there is no guarantee that Kentucky can land a coach that is appreciably better than Tubby Smith. Sometimes fans need to be careful what they wish for ...

 

Tubby was a very good coach and there may not be more than 4-5 better than him in the college ranks. Only time will tell if UK is lucky enough to land one or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.