Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donovan: UK or the NBA?

Featured Replies

It really ruined his life, didn't it...:lol:

 

It may not have ruined his life, but he certainly tells everyone who will listen how big of a mistake it was.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind if he takes the Heat job he will have no state or property taxes. Same deal if he stays at UF. The numbers are different from any UK offer...
I think there is still property tax. No income tax.

I think it's funny the people that think it will simply come down to money. While he may end up at UK, dont for a second thing he's only going to do it b/c they offered the most.

I think it's funny the people that think it will simply come down to money. While he may end up at UK, dont for a second thing he's only going to do it b/c they offered the most.

He's already got plenty of money. If UK were to pay him 4 million a year and the NBA offers 5 million, just how much is that going to change one's lifestyle. There's only so much money an average guy can spend.

I think there is still property tax. No income tax.

 

There is definately property tax in FL. I don't know about sales tax, but in TN (where there is no state income tax) the sales tax is in the 10% range, and there are no exemptions for groceries and other items.

I think it's funny the people that think it will simply come down to money. While he may end up at UK, dont for a second thing he's only going to do it b/c they offered the most.

 

I definately agree. He'll get very good offers from UK, UF and any NBA team that wants him. The money won't be a main factor.

I agree. The money is going to be similar between Florida and UK. It is going to just come down to where he wants to be.

The Grizz offered Donovan correct? 5 Mill per year.

 

Yep. N/m. I see the thread.

Wait, let me check.

 

Nope.

 

Rick Pitino's ego, like many others of mythical proportions, cannot be destroyed, only set back.

 

:lol: :thumb:

I think it's funny the people that think it will simply come down to money. While he may end up at UK, dont for a second thing he's only going to do it b/c they offered the most.

 

I agree...It'll be for an opportunity to coach at one of the most prestigious jobs in basketball and for others reasons, but, money won't be the determining factor...I believe many others have already made this statement...He'll be well compensated, wherever he ends up...

http://www.benmaller.com/nba_rumors_notes#138356

Heat coach Pat Riley said Tuesday that while he appreciates what Billy Donovan has achieved at the University of Florida, his discussions with the Gators' coach have been about philosophy, not employment. "He and I are just basically colleagues and exchange ideas," said Riley, who holds the dual role of team president. "He knows a lot of the staff here and they talk, but there isn't anything to it." Riley instead reiterated, albeit somewhat mildly, that his eventual successor would come from his current staff.

No way he goes to Memphis, that would be a HUGE mistake. I could see him leaving for a quality franchise but not the Grizzlies.

Keep in mind if he takes the Heat job he will have no state or property taxes. Same deal if he stays at UF. The numbers are different from any UK offer...

Property taxes are huge in Florida :D . . . . no state income tax though.

  • Author

My hunch came true.

The money people at UK had Donovan all but signed sealed and delievered.

It is obvious that Donovan had his eyes at the NBA and his agent has been fishing there for a while.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.