Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donovan: UK or the NBA?

Featured Replies

This is also where alot of the other people claiming it was a done deal went awry, they assumed since UK was offering what it was that they offered he couldn't turn it down.

 

Billy never had this mystical connection with UK that some thought.

 

This was not a job that he longed for. I know that's hard for some to stomach, but it's the truth, if it were he'd be there.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are all acting like kids with this who was right stuff.

I find it VERY hard to believe the Billy D never entertained the idea of going to UK, actually I flat out don't believe it.

I find it VERY hard to believe the Billy D never entertained the idea of going to UK, actually I flat out don't believe it.
Ok, well entertaining and agreeing to a deal, are infinitely different.

He entertained it very much. He knew this was going to be a possibility, though.

I'm happier with Gillispie personally. :D

Billy D. made the right choice going to the pro's. This was considered by many to be the very reason he did not take his "dream" job at UK.

Ok, well entertaining and agreeing to a deal, are infinitely different.

I was respoding to post 60.

  • Author
This is where you went wrong the whole time. Sure UK was ready and most likely offered whatever it was you said, it was never seriously considered on the other end.

 

Billy NEVER really entertained the idea of going to UK. I said it in the middle of it all then because it was straight from Billy's mouth. He had a "strong eye on the NBA", not UK.

 

You can have your link to the money side all you want, my link was Billy himself.

 

I'll believe him.

Never seriously considered? Are you serious?

There were negotiations between his agent and the UK in-between people.

Not clamoring for a mystical connection.

Donovan through agent said the break from Tubby had to be clean.

Donovan told agent to get deal done during the time between the Regional final and the Final Four.

This is why everything was pointing to Donovan the very day Tubby left.

 

Maybe winning the title changed some things...maybe he got cold feet...maybe family didn't want to move...but the money was there..and it was seriously considered and agreed to in principle.

One of the money guy's who was in on the brokering of BD's deal was in Augusta for the Master's when he found out that BD turned UK down. He was fuming, saying the deal was agreed to....

 

Pelphrey and Grant were in Donovan's suite during Final Four...and it was discussed.

Never seriously considered? Are you serious?

There were negotiations between his agent and the UK in-between people.

Not clamoring for a mystical connection.

Donovan through agent said the break from Tubby had to be clean.

Donovan told agent to get deal done during the time between the Regional final and the Final Four.

This is why everything was pointing to Donovan the very day Tubby left.

 

Maybe winning the title changed some things...maybe he got cold feet...maybe family didn't want to move...but the money was there..and it was seriously considered and agreed to in principle.

One of the money guy's who was in on the brokering of BD's deal was in Augusta for the Master's when he found out that BD turned UK down. He was fuming, saying the deal was agreed to....

 

Pelphrey and Grant were in Donovan's suite during Final Four...and it was discussed.

Well I guess he's a liar then.:lol:
  • Author

I wouldnt say he is a liar..may not be getting the right info.

In the end, the family wasn't going to move.

In addition, I heard today that Donovan wasn't going to be back at UF anyway...it was going to be UK or the NBA.

As John Clay noted today...he will be living in a condo in Orlando and the family will stay back in Gainesville.

How long was Billy D's agent in talks with Orlando?

It sure does look like UK got played to drive the asking price up...

How long was Billy D's agent in talks with Orlando?

It sure does look like UK got played to drive the asking price up...

Donovan knew this was a distinct possibility back in early April.

Donovan knew this was a distinct possibility back in early April.

I would guess it was long before that...

I wouldnt say he is a liar..may not be getting the right info.

In the end, the family wasn't going to move.

In addition, I heard today that Donovan wasn't going to be back at UF anyway...it was going to be UK or the NBA.

As John Clay noted today...he will be living in a condo in Orlando and the family will stay back in Gainesville.

It's irrelevant now, but it was never going to be UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.