Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donovan: UK or the NBA?

Featured Replies

With one game down, and the other semi-final coming up, I am now leaning towards the idea that Donovan will either be in the NBA or UK.

 

Just a hunch, but as some info starts leaking out here and there, it seems that quite possibly Donovan's agent may have been fishing the NBA market for potential jobs late this winter.

 

With that being said, and from what Bret Bearup has said, regarding that if UK comes after Donovan, they better bring a lot of money. There are about 2-3 NBA teams with an interest in Donovan.

 

Vitale has thrown the Grizzlies out there. The Knicks even with the extension given to Thomas, still has his old job still open, and possibly the Heat.

Essentially, Barnhart and the UKAA may be bidding against a NBA franchise for his services.

 

How far will UK go to get their man?

I would say somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 to 5 million. Understand his base will be similar to Tubby's but those that negiotiate the radio and TV side of things probably feel they can really market him.

 

Frankly, that amount is absurd.

 

I just think Donovan believes he has taken Florida as far as he can. It is still a football school no matter what. Hoops will be 4th on the list of things to see in Gainesville, behind football, recruiting, and spring practice.

If he turns down UK, I think the NBA is right around the corner for him.

 

Just a hunch in all of this...

  • Replies 80
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Donovan doesn't go to the NBA, just look at Pitino and what happened when he left for all that money.

I agree. I don't think he'll be back at UF so it's Lex Vegas or the NBA...

I hope Donovan doesn't go to the NBA, just look at Pitino and what happened when he left for all that money.
It really ruined his life, didn't it...:lol:
It really ruined his life, didn't it...:lol:

Well more so than what staying at UK would have done! lol...

Certainly that ego
Wait, let me check.

 

Nope.

 

Rick Pitino's ego, like many others of mythical proportions, cannot be destroyed, only set back.

  • Author

There isn't a whole lot of college coaches who have left the college ranks and been successful. The exception may be Larry Brown.

Look at the carnage.

Mike Montgomery

Leonard Hamilton

Lon Kruger

PJ Carlisemo

Pitino at Boston was not good, but he had some success with the Knicks.

 

Another factor is that Donovan's kids are now hitting high school. Does he want the 80+ game grind?

You know Billy D's wife has watched Donna go from looking 40 to 70 in 5 years...

  • Author

Donna had some issues herself, like storming the UK lockerroom after a road loss at Alabama back when Scott Padgett played.

However, the last two years has really changed her.

I don't think he will take the NBA route. I think that he would not want to spend that much time away from his family and the money that he could get from UK and maybe Florida may not be as big as NBA money but 3 to 4 million a year is pretty darn good too.

I don't think he will take the NBA route. I think that he would not want to spend that much time away from his family and the money that he could get from UK and maybe Florida may not be as big as NBA money but 3 to 4 million a year is pretty darn good too.

Keep in mind if he takes the Heat job he will have no state or property taxes. Same deal if he stays at UF. The numbers are different from any UK offer...

That is true, I just don't think that he would want to spend that much time away from his family, especially with his son now playing high school ball. He may stay at Florida, I just don't think he will take a NBA coaching job.

That is true, I just don't think that he would want to spend that much time away from his family, especially with his son now playing high school ball. He may stay at Florida, I just don't think he will take a NBA coaching job.

I didn't buy it either, but it seems to be much more of a possibility than I want to believe...

Vitale was going off like a madman earlier about Memphis too. I hope that he is wrong about it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.