Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donovan situation on ESPN

Featured Replies

I didn't know Dick Vital "hated" KY...I have often heard him speak very highly of UK basketball on the air. He must have said some pretty rough comments when Tubby took the cash and bolted and ran from his mess he has created in recent years.

 

Of course, Vital is famous for making "over the top" comments that no one takes seriously. At any rate, I join those who will certainly never miss him if he never calls another game at Rupp.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally have a source, a prominent assistant from the "Valley" told me so tonight, he told me about a few dominoes that may be falling soon.

I'm worried about Billy D now after hearing: He raised money to build a catholic high school that his son plays at, that Billy's dad coaches at. His wife loves Gainesville, (remember Pitino's wife wanting out of Lexington). Also, his in-laws just moved to Gainesville... thats not good

I wouldn't take old people moving to Florida to mean much.

Jay Bilas is my new favorite on ESPN, he described UK's program as unparallel to any other.

 

I think the fact that Donovan hasn't flat out said no yet means that he is definately highly interested in the job, but I feel that he is going to stay in Florida. I think it would make for some fun basketball if we were to get him, but if not I'll still be just as big of a fan and hopefully we will make a good decision on who to sign.

I wouldn't take old people moving to Florida to mean much.

 

I guess you missed the part where it is his wife's parents.

I'm worried about Billy D now after hearing: He raised money to build a catholic high school that his son plays at, that Billy's dad coaches at. His wife loves Gainesville, (remember Pitino's wife wanting out of Lexington). Also, his in-laws just moved to Gainesville... thats not good

That is only a few family members, just think if he comes to UK his family instantly grows to a couple million inlaws & outlaws that "Live Blue"

:D

I guess you missed the part where it is his wife's parents.

 

:lol:

I'm a fan of Dicky-V but I believe him being a Florida native makes him a little bias toward the situation. He'll use anything he can IMO to get things going in his direction so he can get on ESPN and brag about it. Jay just won over about 50,000 fans with his comments. I'm woundering if Jay is some how bucking for the job sometime in the distance future. A DUKE boy at UK. I can see the headlines now. Anyways I hope all party are happy in the end.

I'm a fan of Dicky-V but I believe him being a Florida native makes him a little bias toward the situation. He'll use anything he can IMO to get things going in his direction so he can get on ESPN and brag about it. Jay just won over about 50,000 fans with his comments. I'm woundering if Jay is some how bucking for the job sometime in the distance future. A DUKE boy at UK. I can see the headlines now. Anyways I hope all party are happy in the end.

 

I don't hold it against Dickie V for speaking his mind and opinion, but, in the end, it's Billy and his familys decision to make. I also don't believe, just because Jay B voiced his opinion to the liking of the UK fans, that that should win over anyone. Like hundreds of others, they're just opinions and speculations, at this point...

I don't hold it against Dickie V for speaking his mind and opinion, but, in the end, it's Billy and his familys decision to make. I also don't believe, just because Jay B voiced his opinion to the liking of the UK fans, that that should win over anyone. Like hundreds of others, they're just opinions and speculations, at this point...

 

I would agree!!:thumb:

I honestly don't think Billy D. is coming.....I'd be happy with Billy G. though.

 

 

BTW, I've heard that Dickie V will not be doing anymore games in Lexington. Apparently the comments he made after Tubby left caused him a lot of anger from the UK faithful, and ESPN knows he'd get booed badly if he goes to Rupp anymore. I for one would be happy with that.

 

What exactly did he say that would get him booed here..I know the only comments I heard from him was when he was really upset about Tubby leaving and he felt like the fans drove him out (which is one of the big reasons). So I know I didn't see any comments from him there that would get him booed. Unless I missed some other comments he made, I would be willing to be that he would still get cheered when he goes by the student section if he came to the game....

Did anybody hear Greg Doyle on ESPN radio this morning?

 

"If Billy Donovan goes to Kentucky he will be one of the top 5 coaches ever."

 

"He could go to Kentucky and win 30 games a year. That would put him right there with Dean Smith and Bobby Knight."

 

And for the TBers..

 

"Donovan has made it look easy at Florida. At Ketucky winning would be easy. If Tubby Smith could have recruited his way out of a paper bag he would still be there."

 

Those are qotes from Doyle this morning.

What exactly did he say that would get him booed here..I know the only comments I heard from him was when he was really upset about Tubby leaving and he felt like the fans drove him out (which is one of the big reasons). So I know I didn't see any comments from him there that would get him booed. Unless I missed some other comments he made, I would be willing to be that he would still get cheered when he goes by the student section if he came to the game....

 

 

Basically he said KY fans were stupid, nobody can please them, Tubby deserves better, blah blah blah. He's a jerk plain and simple.

Basically he said KY fans were stupid, nobody can please them, Tubby deserves better, blah blah blah. He's a jerk plain and simple.

 

Well he is pretty close to being right in what he said. I mean UK has the best fans in the world, but we also got the worst fans in the world...And well IMO I think if he did come to Rupp again it would be more cheers, because I be willing to bet the student section would still cheer when he comes close to them and that would be louder than any of the boos that could come from the other people who take up the seats in the lower areana....

Well he is pretty close to being right in what he said. I mean UK has the best fans in the world, but we also got the worst fans in the world...And well IMO I think if he did come to Rupp again it would be more cheers, because I be willing to bet the student section would still cheer when he comes close to them and that would be louder than any of the boos that could come from the other people who take up the seats in the lower areana....

 

 

You will understand if I disagree with you. And I don't think KY fans are stupid. I think they want to maintain the dominant tradition they always had. Dick Vitale is not from Kentucky. He talks about things he doesn't have a clue about, which is basically all he can do, talk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.