UK's plan B

Xtiger69

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me but that would be 1.000 so far unless they have named a coach and we did not hear about it. My source is a great one inside UK.(If you want to know more PM me or shut up) Barnes was at the top of the list when I posted it. I reported it that's all. Things may change after interviews etc. but that's what I was told. I also predicted Billy D. would give it a long hard look and I believe that was dead on that one as well.
How's that UK clause working out for you?

My wife teaches at UK an she just told me that Lee Todd and Mitch have told her it doesn't matter who the coach at UK is because they will still sell out games and merchandise. And the call in shows and internet sites will complain no matter who is coaching........

But on a more serious note:

Rick barnes- can recruit but hasn't won anything.

Billy G- has turned around Texas A&M in a 2 dog cnference.

There isn't anyone else that has the record of Billy D. So plan B is a failure.

Neither of the two are exactly secure if this goes sour and a good hire isn't in place very shortly. Let UK miss a NCAA tourney or be below 500 in the conference and see if either is around regardless of how many t shirts are sold.:eek:

I recall when Barnes was at Clemson, he had a verbal from a player to sign and then, he opted for UK....had hard feelings and even several comments at the time.

One just never knows anymore.

I'm also, not caught up in this 24hr UK coaching watch. I would guess, many coaches, have expressed an interest and UK, has several on their board....Time will tell and if Plan "A", "B" or "Z"....let's all remember, to let the coach run his program.

I know you aren't a Calipari fan, but, imo, he's the next best out there with Wright close behind....Izzo would be okay too, but, as others have pointed out, his style would not set well with the UK faithful...I'm not a Gillespie fan and don't think 1 good year defines someone and imo still has some things to prove before I'd want him, ala, Ford and Pelphrey..[/QUOTE]

At this point Gillespie is way ahead of Pelphrey and Ford on every universities radar. More than one good year, he actually did pretty well at UTEP taking them from nothing to a 26-7 record. Barnes has been successful at bring in to talent but I don't want him on the sidelines of Rupp unless we are playing Texas.

A lot better than your statement that Billy D. would never even consider the UK job much less take it!

I would love for you to find where I said that!

STILL WAITING.............:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: