Scott Co 73 Holmes 64

It was great to see the Bulldogs make it to Saturday morning. They played tough and never gave up. The bench players did a great job to spring into action late in the game under tense situations. It sure couldn't hurt them to feel the floor and develope a hunger to get back to Rupp soon. The whole TEAM as a whole played together well as a TEAM. They are winners and they made the 9th Region proud. I think that the toughness of the tournament even grew them even more and they were starting to play the best basketball of their season. A few more games with the likes of Scott Co. and I don't think a team in the 9th could come near the Bulldogs. They're not the same team they were even 2 weeks ago. Sadly though, the season is over but to end it to the entire season's number 1 team isn't too shabby. These DAWGS can hold their heads high and know that they succeeded and reached many goals this year. Good luck in their college careers and good luck to the future Bulldogs!!!

It was great to see the Bulldogs make it to Saturday morning. They played tough and never gave up. The bench players did a great job to spring into action late in the game under tense situations. It sure couldn't hurt them to feel the floor and develope a hunger to get back to Rupp soon. The whole TEAM as a whole played together well as a TEAM. They are winners and they made the 9th Region proud. I think that the toughness of the tournament even grew them even more and they were starting to play the best basketball of their season. A few more games with the likes of Scott Co. and I don't think a team in the 9th could come near the Bulldogs. They're not the same team they were even 2 weeks ago. Sadly though, the season is over but to end it to the entire season's number 1 team isn't too shabby. These DAWGS can hold their heads high and know that they succeeded and reached many goals this year. Good luck in their college careers and good luck to the future Bulldogs!!!

:thumb: :thumb: Well said.

The future's bright for these Bulldogs though. Henderson, Nelson, Clark, and Avery will all be back next year. That's not a bad nucleus to start with.

The core of this team never has had much of a chance to be "successful" in the eyes of many. Why? One reason, the main reason, would be blowhards on here who have been pumping up these kids as the greatest team ever since they were in early middle school. While the biggest offender of that is no longer on the site, those types of folks have always been there. "(Insert name of pretty good/very good Holmes player here) is going D1. Did you see how he did in the AAU tourney against other 6th graders? He's the man!"

No chance for these kids to simply be very good / solid high school players . They never had the chance to simply enjoy the game and the journey that high school ball offers. Very talented but none are truly exceptional. They should be remembered as a very strong 9th region champ. Unfortunately, some will look at them as mild disappointments. That's a shame.

Having 7 kids suspended for much of the season didn't help much eigher.

I think the suspension is one of the biggest reason Holmes made it to Saturday morning. As cshs said - they had been told how good they were year after year. I think the suspension gave them a reality check and made them play with a chip on their shoulder. If they weren't suspended this year - Cov Cath comes out of the 9th IMO.

I don't know. Wouldn't they have improved more playing and practicing than not?

When you take something away from these young men that they love to do and tell them they're not allowed, it makes them appreciate it even more and makes them want to try even harder knowing they don't have that many chances/games left to prove themselves.

But to be honest this shouldn't even be talked about. Why can't everyone just congratulate them on a fine season they had. They finished as one of the top 4 teams in the state. They will go down as ONE of the best to teams to come out of the 9th region and have an experience not many others can say they had. Let's leave it at that. Sure they weren't state champs, but for everything they had to overcome, they're state champs in my book.

I think it is good to bring it up. It shows kids that you must crawl before you can walk and these kids learned the hard way. I feel they know what it takes to get to the top with hard work. They can let other kids know what it takes and where their priorities lie. I have watched these kids play ball for many years on local AAU teams. It has been a pleasure to watch them mature and become leaders on and off the court.

When you take something away from these young men that they love to do and tell them they're not allowed, it makes them appreciate it even more and makes them want to try even harder knowing they don't have that many chances/games left to prove themselves.

But to be honest this shouldn't even be talked about. Why can't everyone just congratulate them on a fine season they had. They finished as one of the top 4 teams in the state. They will go down as ONE of the best to teams to come out of the 9th region and have an experience not many others can say they had. Let's leave it at that. Sure they weren't state champs, but for everything they had to overcome, they're state champs in my book.

I think it is good to bring it up. It shows kids that you must crawl before you can walk and these kids learned the hard way. I feel they know what it takes to get to the top with hard work. They can let other kids know what it takes and where their priorities lie. I have watched these kids play ball for many years on local AAU teams. It has been a pleasure to watch them mature and become leaders on and off the court.

:thumb: If you saw these young men as freshmen and sophomores and saw them in their last game, it was like watching a completely different team.