Warren Central 71 June Buchanan 53

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like June Buchanon stuck with them for a bit... Anderson didnt play well, the team as a whole really didnt play well, with an exception on Monie Hudeson..But as always, Warren Central runs the other team out of breath. Good showing by June Buchanon though.

June Buchanan seemed to make a decision to not let Jeremy Anderson beat them. They played a box and one with Childers face guarding him the length of the court. In the first half, he had trouble getting open, and the Dragons weren't hitting their open shots when they got them. Buchanan did make their shots and made it close the first half. They just ran out of steam and Warren Central came alive. Hood, Britt, and Hudson hit their shots and got more aggressive on defense. Their press became more effective and they got some easy lay ups. The Crusaders gave a great effort, but Warren Central just had too much for them. I really like the Stepp brothers and the Cox kid. Very impressive.

If Warren Central doesn't turn it up a notch tomorrow night, Elliott Co. will give them everything they want.

JBS should be proud of their effort and making it to the tournament. They have what, 74 kids in the high school? Wow. Team GPA of 3.5 also. Seems like they have their heads in the right place and maybe they can make another trip next year.

JBS shot really well in the first half, but WC opened the second half with a 12-1 run. After that, JBS got leg-weary (1-12 3FGs in second half, all of them short), and that made WC's lightning-quick transition game that much better.

Using the chaser on Anderson was probably the right idea, but Britt, Hudson and Hood all stepped up to make up for Anderson's missing points.

I was impressed (and so was T. Riley!) with the play of Collins for JBS. His defensive presence inside pretty much forced WC to the perimeter. Fortunately for WC, they were outstanding from three-land (7-16, 44%).

I wouldn't support JBS if my life depended on it! Congrats to Warren and esp to M. Hudson. I have seen him play AAU without his team and his is exceptional.

I don't really have anything for or against JBS. I'm curious, however, as to the reason for this remark. Are you a Knott Co. Central supporter?

I do not support Knott Co Central. I have observed the attitude of Alice Lloyd College as in ad campaigns to Wymt tv and Wsgs radio to know that the Stepp name is favored and even honored, non-deservingly in eastern ky. People that attempt to belittle and critize other players on other teams in order to excel themselves deserve no support from eastern ky fans. The Stepps of this generation are not basketball heros nor Gods but decent players to say the least.