UK 67 Villanova 58

colfan80

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I am hoping that #2 comes...we are ready.... Will do a lot of cooking some meals for the next week or so...last night I pan seared some U-10 scallops with a homemade butter sauce, made sweet potato french fries, green bean bundles, and shrimp poppers (sutffed with cheese and jalapenos)...a great meal :D . . .

Seriosly though, I would actually root the Cats on as they are an underdog on Sunday...but I have Kansas winning the whole thing...so I need to stick with that...I will be rooting the Cards and the rest of the ACC on.

UK was 21-29 on Free Throws for 72%. Coming into the game, shooting 70% on the year. Morris was 9 for 15 from the line. The rest of the team was 12 for 14.

I correct myself on the game free throws. UK was 22-31 for 71%. Morris was 9 for 15 and the rest of the team was 12 for 15.

The only "ticky tack" call I saw regarding Morris last night was his #3 while doubling down with Thomas, I think. It may have ended up helping Morris, however, because it forced him to the bench for some much needed rest. He looked like he was absolutely exhausted with about 12 minutes to go. In fact, I thought Nova was purposely fouling Morris when he had the ball in the lane to put him on the line. He was way more accurate under the basket than he was at the foul line. I thought it was a pretty good strategy considering they gave up 3 inches to him with their defenders.

One thing that bothered me, in the last 3 minutes, Nardi had two completely wide open looks at the basket for 3's and missed them. If he had hit those, the game would have been totally different. I don't know how he got that open two trips down the court.

As far as the D. Perry thing goes and Packer's comments, I don't know what the big deal is. I think it had to be mentioned and it was obvious to me that his comment about an assistant being fired because of it was a joke. But seriously, how did that happen?

I disagree with this comment. I don't know what game you were watching. I had about 10 people over to watch the game, and the conversation for most of the night was how Morris was getting hammered everytime he got the ball in the low post. Nova's game plan appeared to be to killl him, and hope he doesn't make the shot or ft's.

:thumb:

I'm not sure what game Deuce was watching.

If anything, I thought they let some calls go because they had already called so many. They weren't even body fouls. Nova was simply hacking him across the arms and grabbing/pulling him down from behind.

I'm talking about taking three running steps at the basket.

I saw this same thing and it bothered me all night. Him taking 3 steps in the lane everytime and trying the floater and not getting called just made no sense. I counted 6 times in the 2nd half where Nova' players were OBVIOUSLY walking and not getting called.:fight:

As everybody knows, I really have no dog in this fight, as I don't care for either team. It was JMO that a few fouls that were called on Morris should have been let go, since they were letting other, similar plays go....IMO, anytime a post player is beyond the 3-point line and bumps a guard, he should be called for a foul...

The only time I felt like Morris did not get fouled that they called was kindof late in the game he got blocked from behind on a jumpshot. I thought the block was clean. Every other foul I thought was legit. And Morris took a pretty good beating and he kept going. That was a very physical basketball game.

As for no dog in the fight, we all know that you were dying for Villanova to win, just be honest dude.

Also, I thought Morris was called for a couple ticky tack fouls himself so it all evens out.

Maybe he can talk directly to a team then, to see what the offer is...

I'm really not sure, I just hope he stays at UK for his final year.

As far as I know, he's not allowed to have direct contact with an agent or NBA team. His parents on the other hand would be able to do so on his behalf, I believe.

I late again on my postgame comments,so please forgive me.

Good game by the Cats that's the UK Cats. Good D most of the game was the difference for our Cats.Making those freethrows at the end was a good sign. We need Meeks in all close games in the end.Sunday is going to be tough, but you never know. If the Cats can stay with teams like A Florida, they just could pull their first upset of the season.

GO CATS beat Kansas.