UK 67 Villanova 58

colfan80

I'm not sure what the rule is, but for some reason I keep thinking there's a rule about intentionally undercutting a guy who's in the air. I think it has something to do with safety. Of course the problem with that is how can you really tell if a guy does it intentionally....I personally don't think it should've been an intentional, but I think there is a rule about it.

Im pretty sure there is a rule too, but if I remember correctly, when he ran into Morris he had just come out of a tangle with another player, and it seemed to me that his momentum threw him into Morris...It was definitley a foul, but wasn't intentional...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Morris did play a heckuva game, no doubt about it...I just think that some of the fouls that were called on players guarding him were ticky tack, when he was out on the perimeter bumping guards with nothing being called.

Ticky tack calls are made in every single basketball game...

The ticky tack, iffy calls went both ways tonight...why are you only pointing out the ones made on Nova...?

In the lane, or on the perimeter??

I know he got 1 on Nardi out front. He also got one on Reynolds but that may have been in the lane. You say he should get that foul when he is out that far. What is he suppose to do when his man is setting a screen? If they aren't going to call touch and bump fouls are guards they sure as heck can't call them on a big man for doing the exact same thing. All in all I thought it was called like a tournament game should be. They let them play for the most part but also didn't let anyone get mugged inside.

Very solid performance against a pretty good team. Morris played well and Thomas had his best game as a Wildcat, IMO. It will take the same type performance against Kansas to have a chance. HIT YOUR FREETHROWS. At this level it should be almost like a layup to these guys. Why do we struggle so badly?

UK was 21-29 on Free Throws for 72%. Coming into the game, shooting 70% on the year. Morris was 9 for 15 from the line. The rest of the team was 12 for 14.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=274000002

Kentucky's defense clamps down, holds off scrappy Villanova

CHICAGO -- This should get the critics off Tubby Smith's back.

For another day, at least.

The last few weeks haven't been easy ones for Kentucky. The team came into the tournament with losses in six of its last nine games, and Smith has been criticized so heavily that athletic director Mitch Barnhart felt compelled to give him a vote of confidence earlier this week.

Though players insisted they haven't been distracted, they looked sluggish for much of the first half and fell behind by four early in the second. But Crawford, who made only one basket in the first half, drained a 3-pointer to put Kentucky up 40-36, and the southern 'Cats were off and running.

When Smith left the floor after the game, one fan yelled, "Yeah, Tubby! You rock!"

How quickly things change.

Smith won a national title his first year at Kentucky, has been to the NCAA tournament in each of the last 14 years and has a winning percentage that most coaches would envy.

But the expectations are different at Kentucky, the winningest program in college basketball. NCAA appearances are nice, but the Kentucky faithful want -- make that expect -- the team to contend for a national title every year.

Morris had 19 & 11

5/7 FG

9/15 FT

3 Turnovers

Bradley had 11 points, 4 rebounds & 3 assists

2/5 FG

6/8 FT

Crawford had 10 points, 3 rebounds & 1 assist

4/12 FG

1/2 FT

3 Turnovers

Meeks had 12, 5 & 3

3/9 FG

4/4 FT

Bobby had 6, Stevenson had 2 & Thomas had 7

Nova was 7/21 from down town

UK was 5/19 (Meeks was 2/8)

Great great win by the Cats...I will say I was impressed. UK's defense had 'Nova's guards acting like they didn't know what to do. I was highly impressed. Great game Cats.

I made it to here, and I'll pick it up after this post. I agree 100%. Nova wasn't able to do the things I thought they would to take Morris out of his game and he played as well as he has in his career in this one. He stayed active and didn't let Nova frustrate him with fouls and overall activity in the post they showed against Gray and Hibbert. Well done RM. That's what 40 minutes looks like, and if we see it again you never know. In the 2nd half Reynolds looked like he was forcing things as a direct result of the pick and roll being defended better. Been a long time since we've seen a UK team do that. Hats off to the Cats for proving me wrong and doing the things they have had major issues with well over a full game. I need some A-1 sauce for my crow. Enjoy guys. Great effort and a hard fought win...