Top players to watch...

I saw June Buchanan at the 5/3 and was much more impressed with Cox than with Stepp.
That is like I watched Scott County play in the 5/3 I like Mackey and didn't say anything about Walls .. You don't see that much ...... Hope my kid has a good game in the 5/3 ... JMO .... Move on ....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious to see how the younger Stepp kid from JBS (i believe its Clint Stepp) plays at Rupp. His normal style is to come out gunning from the moment he steps on the floor. Seems to be a fearless player. I hope to see the same kind of play from him during the state tourney.

That is like I watched Scott County play in the 5/3 I like Mackey and didn't say anything about Walls .. You don't see that much ...... Hope my kid has a good game in the 5/3 ... JMO .... Move on ....
You're reading a bit too much into my comment.

Jeremy Anderson - Warren Central - Been my favorite player to watch for a few years now. Great shooter, physical player who will go to the bucket, and plays with a lot of heart. I hope they make another long run this year.

Ty Profitt - South Laurel - Love the way he runs the show for South. I'm interested to see if he can lead the Cardinals to a W over Fairdale in the first round.

Jordan Hammonds - South Laurel - When his shot is on he can be dangerous. Plays with a lot of intensity. Would be a good pickup for a state school.

Faulkner #1 - Eliott Co. - Not sure which one he is, but the primary ballhandler for the Lions is the key to that team. He keeps everything under control on offense and isn't afraid to take it inside. He played with a lot of passion in the Regional championship, and I can't wait to see how it translates to Rupp. Have we mentioned they start 5 sophomores and bring another sophomore and an 8th grader off the bench yet?

Ryan Young - Lincoln Co. - I saw them play Dunbar a few weeks ago and really enjoyed watching this kid play. I sat beside his dad at the scorer's table and he was a great guy, so I was rooting for them to get to Rupp. Young is a very nice point guard who has to come up big for the Patriots if they are going to beat Adair Co. in the first round.

=Faulkner #1 - Eliott Co. - Not sure which one he is, but the primary ballhandler for the Lions is the key to that team. He keeps everything under control on offense and isn't afraid to take it inside. He played with a lot of passion in the Regional championship, and I can't wait to see how it translates to Rupp. Have we mentioned they start 5 sophomores and bring another sophomore and an 8th grader off the bench yet?

Ethan Faulkner is #1

Evan Faulkner is #2

I'm curious to see how the younger Stepp kid from JBS (i believe its Clint Stepp) plays at Rupp. His normal style is to come out gunning from the moment he steps on the floor. Seems to be a fearless player. I hope to see the same kind of play from him during the state tourney.

I have known both Stepp boys since they were babies. Clark is a very serious kid and nothing and I do mean nothing bothers Clint. You will see Clint cut loose a 35 footer.

I bet the whole tourny is talking about a dunk by Arrez Henderson. And if he isn't the one that "comes out of the woodwork" then I bet its Greg Rice. Holmes doesn't just have 1 player that can take over a tourny they have 3 or 4.

What alot of people don't realize is these four starters were all here as soph and Freshman starting. I think one of Holmes biggest advantages is going to be their experience. As Jefferson said in a report "As sophomores we were there to have fun....Now we're back to bring home the hardware."

But I have to agree that anyone of Holmes players can take over not only one game but the whole tourney, whether it be Henderson, Rice, Hill, or Jefferson.

And like DoggyDawg said, Arrez Henderson (#25) and Greg Rice (#34) will wow people in the pre game warm ups with their dunks.

Tilghman:

#44 Stefon Perry 6'4"

#35 David Jones 6'4"

#50 Isaac McClure 6'6"

Taking nothing away from anyone else in the tournament, but those three probably one of if not the most athletic front court in the tournament. I know that Holmes's front court is also outstanding.