South Park. How can they?

Just wondering? How can they get away with some of the things they do? When it first came on I watched it a few times but never have since, but last nite was a New episode and I was scanning channels. I will not mention the show, how can they write and show this trash? Maybe I'm getting weird in my old days, but I'll continue to stay away. Did anyone else see it?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering? How can they get away with some of the things they do? When it first came on I watched it a few times but never have since, but last nite was a New episode and I was scanning channels. I will not mention the show, how can they write and show this trash? Maybe I'm getting weird in my old days, but I'll continue to stay away. Did anyone else see it?

I watched it. Wasn't one of their better ones but it was still funny.

The thing to keep in mind is that it is almost always satire.

I thought it was pretty lame, but I wasn't offended. It was an interesting look at discrimination. Also, it was intended as satire. The NYC banning of the famous racial slur is pretty weak IMO and South Park made it look even weaker.

I mentioned that I was going thru the channels. Garbage and I'm sad. Satire I can handle but the pile of men was a bit too much. There has to be a limit. And its my $00.02.

It's intended for comedic purposes and mainly adult comedic purposes. Although some get highly offended, the show's main purpose and goal is to specialize in that type of comedy. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it being it is a show based on comedic value, and is intended to watch for a good laugh. Offensive or not that is Matt Stone and Trey Parkers purpose and to many they have succeded in this goal.

I mentioned that I was going thru the channels. Garbage and I'm sad. Satire I can handle but the pile of men was a bit too much. There has to be a limit. And its my $00.02.

You didn't see the new one...you saw the one on illegal immigration didn't you? That one is hilarious.

I have to admit that I LOVE Southpark. I have my Tivo set to record all episodes on every channel on an ongoing basis. That way I can watch all I want after the kids have gone to bed.

Some of my favorites.

episode where Cartman wants to join NAMBLA because they "care about kids".

episode about the female teacher's "improper" behaviour with one of her students.

Tom Cruise Scientology episode.

mmmmmkay.......

There doesn't have to be a limit. If you don't like it, or if it offends you, I suggest you push "off" or "up" or "down" or any combination of numbers that match a channel you would like to watch.