Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dang foreigners!

Featured Replies

In our firm of 27 people, we have 6 1st generation immigrants and a couple 2nd generation immigrants. Well at lunch yesterday, one of the young ladies from Korea was asking me about Afghanistan. When she asked why anyone would want to invade Afghanistan, I made the utterly brilliant statement that the Russians were looking for a warm water port. Unfortunately, one of our young ladies is from Uzbekistan and felt the need to point out that Afghanistan was land locked. I then pointed out to her that just because she lives in the region doesn't mean she knows more about it than I do. Dang foreigners! They have a lot to learn! :sssh:

 

Actually, its quite interesting working with such a diverse group. 2 Koreans, 2 Filipinos, 2 Vietnamese, 1 Kenyan, 1 Romanian.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand why any of those folks would leave their own country to come to this terrible place. Don't they know that we are hated worldwide?

  • Author
I can't understand why any of those folks would leave their own country to come to this terrible place. Don't they know that we are hated worldwide?
:laugh: I've yet to run into one that doesn't love it here. The only problem I've heard is that they're not treated very nicely when their English is bad.
:laugh: I've yet to run into one that doesn't love it here. The only problem I've heard is that they're not treated very nicely when their English is bad.
Hey, at least they try.
In our firm of 27 people, we have 6 1st generation immigrants and a couple 2nd generation immigrants. Well at lunch yesterday, one of the young ladies from Korea was asking me about Afghanistan. When she asked why anyone would want to invade Afghanistan, I made the utterly brilliant statement that the Russians were looking for a warm water port. Unfortunately, one of our young ladies is from Uzbekistan and felt the need to point out that Afghanistan was land locked. I then pointed out to her that just because she lives in the region doesn't mean she knows more about it than I do. Dang foreigners! They have a lot to learn! :sssh:

 

Actually, its quite interesting working with such a diverse group. 2 Koreans, 2 Filipinos, 2 Vietnamese, 1 Kenyan, 1 Romanian.

 

You work at the UN HHS?

Being from KY, I guess you are the redneck in the group?

Being from KY, I guess you are the redneck in the group?

 

 

Whenever you're in a group and can't figure out who the redneck is, it's probably you...

 

:lol:

Whenever you're in a group and can't figure out who the redneck is, it's probably you...

 

:lol:

 

True, and it usually is me. :D

Whenever you're in a group and can't figure out who the redneck is, it's probably you...

 

:lol:

 

 

I always find it amusing when I find out that I am the redneck. Anyone who knows me can see the amusement there.

 

Actually, its quite interesting working with such a diverse group. 2 Koreans, 2 Filipinos, 2 Vietnamese, 1 Kenyan, 1 Romanian.

 

You think that's diverse?

 

I work with 4 Eastern grads, 3 Trinity grads, 1 Male grad, 1 St. X grad, another Manual grad, a TAP grad, and an eventual Sacred Heart grad.

You think that's diverse?

 

I work with 4 Eastern grads, 3 Trinity grads, 1 Male grad, 1 St. X grad, another Manual grad, a TAP grad, and an eventual Sacred Heart grad.

 

Now that is a melting pot.

  • Author
Now that is a melting pot.
Or a war zone.

My only problem with immigrants is that they need and should spead English when they are with English speading people , it would help them and us alike.

My only problem with immigrants is that they need and should spead English when they are with English speading people , it would help them and us alike.

 

 

I have so much I could say, but I'll just ask this:

 

Do you think immigrants should be required to pass a literacy test prior to being admited to the US?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.