Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dang foreigners!

Featured Replies

I have so much I could say, but I'll just ask this:

 

Do you think immigrants should be required to pass a literacy test prior to being admited to the US?

As the son of an immigrant I guess I'm qualified to respond on this issue. I don't know that an immigrant should be required to speak english to be admitted to this country. I think it should be a requirement for citizenship. I also think that in cases other than asylum an immigrant should be made to prove that he/she will provide some benefit to the United States.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I agree with LSURock. I personally can't imagine how difficult it would be to learn a second language at my age, yet people come to this country everyday and work towards understanding and speaking English. Can you imagine moving to a Pacific Rim country and be treated badly because you can't speak Thai, Malay, Mandarin, Korean, etc, let alone read and write it?

I agree for the most part with what both LSU and HHS have posted.

 

I do have one caveat to throw out.

 

Many immigrants are able to speak and understand English, yet many Americans claim that their accent or use of the words they know is not adequate. What would be the criteria that we could use to determine if their command of English is appropriate?

Being from KY, I guess you are the redneck in the group?

I thought I had that title locked up.:D

Rereading the BGP rules, technically I could post everything in spanish or some other language and not be in violation of the rules as long as it was grammatically correct.:D

Rereading the BGP rules, technically I could post everything in spanish or some other language and not be in violation of the rules as long as it was grammatically correct.:D

 

Si!

Oui!

  • Author
Rereading the BGP rules, technically I could post everything in spanish or some other language and not be in violation of the rules as long as it was grammatically correct.:D

Usted está absolutamente correcto.

I have no problems with the foreigners coming here as long as they're law abiding, pay the same taxes, have the same fair work oppertunities I have, I say welcome to America.

I've worked at a factory in Georgetown, got to know many of immigrants there, some of them turned out to be pretty good friends of mine, One challenges me to race him home, I was to point out to him that wasn't fair because he lived in Cythiana and I lived in Mt.Olivet, he said "Allright race me to Cythiana." I won 2 out of 3 times.

All in all there's good and bad from both sides of the ocean.

Rereading the BGP rules, technically I could post everything in spanish or some other language and not be in violation of the rules as long as it was grammatically correct.biggrin.gif

 

 

Vous ne recevriez pas beaucoup de réponses, cependant.

  • Author
Vous ne recevriez pas beaucoup de réponses, cependant.
Un couple, peut-être.

 

Pourquoi parlez-vous meilleur français que vous parlez anglais ?

Un couple, peut-être.

 

Peut-être. Mais, combien de temps pourrait-il durer ?

  • Author
Peut-être. Mais, combien de temps pourrait-il durer ?
Ceci a déjà duré trop long.
Un couple, peut-être.

 

Pourquoi parlez-vous meilleur français que vous parlez anglais ?

 

J'ai pris 4 ans de français dans l'école sencodary. Je l'utilise toujours de temps en temps dans mon travail. Je suis vraiment très convenable! Il m'a aussi aidé à empoigner l'espagnol et l'italien aussi. Très utile!

Ceci a déjà duré trop long.

 

:laugh: :laugh:

 

Mais pas! Je suis amusé! :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.