Can you believe it!

Got up this morning and turned on my Computer, went to the Cincinnati Enquirer on-line newspaper thinking I would read a story about the draw for the Ninth Region Girls Tourney. Of course there wasn't a single mention of the draw. Now I am sure that come Monday morning there will be a story, or at least I sue hope so, since the first game is Monday evening, but do you want to bet that along with the girls pairing story, there will be a story about the boys pairing as well, even though there games don't start until Wednesday?

While I like watching the girls play, I love watching the boys play, but it just isn't fair to the girls. This year in the Girls Ninth Region it is a far more competitive event than the boys Region. The teams in the girls Ninth are a combined 152/64 with a 70.3 wining percentage and only one team has a losing record. However on the boys side, the record is 122/104 with a lousy 59.2 winning percentage, and you have three teams in the region with losing records and one of those teams doesn't even have double digits wins in the column and only has a 33.3 wining percentage.

I really thought today in the paper I would at least see the pairings, but unless I see them in my hard copy of the Sunday Paper that is still outside laying in the snow on my driveway thankfully I belong to BGP's where I at least know I can get the news of the girls games.....

I agree the girls do not get the respect that they do deserve throughout the 9th region... However that is just how it is they will never be able to get the amount of fans in the stands.. nor will they ever be able to get the media attention that the boys get... it is sad

Got up this morning and turned on my Computer, went to the Cincinnati Enquirer on-line newspaper thinking I would read a story about the draw for the Ninth Region Girls Tourney. Of course there wasn't a single mention of the draw. Now I am sure that come Monday morning there will be a story, or at least I sue hope so, since the first game is Monday evening, but do you want to bet that along with the girls pairing story, there will be a story about the boys pairing as well, even though there games don't start until Wednesday?

While I like watching the girls play, I love watching the boys play, but it just isn't fair to the girls. This year in the Girls Ninth Region it is a far more competitive event than the boys Region. The teams in the girls Ninth are a combined 152/64 with a 70.3 wining percentage and only one team has a losing record. However on the boys side, the record is 122/104 with a lousy 59.2 winning percentage, and you have three teams in the region with losing records and one of those teams doesn't even have double digits wins in the column and only has a 33.3 wining percentage.

I really thought today in the paper I would at least see the pairings, but unless I see them in my hard copy of the Sunday Paper that is still outside laying in the snow on my driveway thankfully I belong to BGP's where I at least know I can get the news of the girls games.....

Nice post and an honest opinion. Most people would rather watch a guys game in most situations but the way the girls get treated or just totally ignored isn't right.

Wrote to Ryan Ernst today, and got this response:

I was off yesterday. Our preps crew was supposed to put the girls’ draw in the paper. It didn’t.

I personally feel sorry for Ryan,as he is a good guy and is trying his best to present a fair and balance sport page. BTW, this is the second time his staff has let him down just in the last couple of months. The first time was when Boone County played NDA in the Northern Exposure Tournament and the Enquirer had no one there to cover the story as Ryan was on vacation......