Barnhart's press release???

LSURock

CatsPause is reporting that Barnhart issued a press release about the state of UK basketball today. He urged fans to wait to judge until after the season. It also stated that the letter "fell short of the usual vote of confidence". I'm not a paid member so I can't read the rest of the story. Any Cat fans on BGP have any additional details?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like another post, yesterday another station in Washington DC reported that D'antoni will take the job and bring his Suns staff with him. He and his wife are both from WV and his wife wants to be closer to home. Whether this happens or not, I have no idea. Word is, his brother, an assit. for the Suns, will be here earlier.

CatsPause is reporting that Barnhart issued a press release about the state of UK basketball today. He urged fans to wait to judge until after the season. It also stated that the letter "fell short of the usual vote of confidence". I'm not a paid member so I can't read the rest of the story. Any Cat fans on BGP have any additional details?

I heard about this on the news. They said he said that the administration, coaches, and players were disappointed in the season and they would wait until after the post season to "evaluate" the program. Interesting comments.

Like another post, yesterday another station in Washington DC reported that D'antoni will take the job and bring his Suns staff with him. He and his wife are both from WV and his wife wants to be closer to home. Whether this happens or not, I have no idea. Word is, his brother, an assit. for the Suns, will be here earlier.

In what capacity?

It didn't say much. Just trying to slow down the wild fire...

Things are about to get extremely interesting...

I'd say it is already interesting. I hope for everyone involved that the issues can be resolved and Tubby can ride off with some dignity. Unfortunately the UK fan base will be over criticized but the bottom line is that Smith is no longer effective in his current position.

I'd say it is already interesting. I hope for everyone involved that the issues can be resolved and Tubby can ride off with some dignity. Unfortunately the UK fan base will be over criticized but the bottom line is that Smith is no longer effective in his current position.

And rightfully so IMO. UK's fan base as a whole seems to think that their entire lives revolve around Kentucky basketball. IMO that's embarrassing and pathetic, but that's just me.

And rightfully so IMO. UK's fan base as a whole seems to think that their entire lives revolve around Kentucky basketball. IMO that's embarrassing and pathetic, but that's just me.

And don't forget they are more knowledgable as well.

I really don't get this. You can't have it both ways. When UK goes to Alaska, Hawaii, CATlantana we all beat our chest about the way the program is supported and claim to have the most loyally fan base in the country. Yet when the same fanatical base wants excellence then their embarrassing and pathetic.

It comes down to this. Tubby Smith has failed to make the necessary changes in the program to keep it on top. When he eventually resigns, whether this year or in the future then the national media will barbecue the UK fan base.