Barnhart's press release???

LSURock

I've said for 3-4 years now, as much as I love UK basketball, I absolutely hate the fan base.

On the bright side, it has made me more of a "pure" college basketball fan than before.

Sorry that we forgot to ask you how to be a fan. Kentucky Basketball is a big part of many peoples lives and thats what makes it so great.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get this. You can't have it both ways. When UK goes to Alaska, Hawaii, CATlantana we all beat our chest about the way the program is supported and claim to have the most loyally fan base in the country. Yet when the same fanatical base wants excellence then their embarrassing and pathetic.

It comes down to this. Tubby Smith has failed to make the necessary changes in the program to keep it on top. When he eventually resigns, whether this year or in the future then the national media will barbecue the UK fan base.

I don't claim that, and never will.

Then the media can't have it both ways.

I should have said that in my original post.

You are entitled to your opinion and I respect it but the fanatical nature of the UK following is also one of the reason the UK has been considered among the best programs in the country.

WLEX was reporting on news coming out of Knoxville. They said the athletics department was trying to scrounge up the money to buy him out.

I heard or read somewhere that someone offered to put up the money. I just don't see anyway that Smith returns next season barring a miracle run in March.

I really don't get this. You can't have it both ways. When UK goes to Alaska, Hawaii, CATlantana we all beat our chest about the way the program is supported and claim to have the most loyally fan base in the country. Yet when the same fanatical base wants excellence then their embarrassing and pathetic.

Loyalty isn't buying some tickets and a flight to Hawaii. Loyalty isn't "beating your chest" and comparing yourself to other fans. Loyalty is sticking with your team no matter what. Loyalty is realizing that a few "bad" (and I use that term very, very loosely as a reality check to those who expect championships every year) seasons isn't the end of the world. The fan base will get grilled, and the only ones who really deserve it, aren't very good fans after all in my book.

Loyalty isn't buying some tickets and a flight to Hawaii. Loyalty isn't "beating your chest" and comparing yourself to other fans. Loyalty is sticking with your team no matter what. Loyalty is realizing that a few "bad" (and I use that term very, very loosely as a reality check to those who expect championships every year) seasons isn't the end of the world. The fan base will get grilled, and the only ones who really deserve it, aren't very good fans after all in my book.

I disagree to a degree. I think following the team and supporting them is loyalty. I don't think the large percentage of the UK fan base expects championships every year. I think that statement is way off base. The don't expect 10 loss season after 10 loss season either. Nor do they expect to be dominated by Vandy, and they shouldn't.

Are you serious? Loyalty a few bad years, have you even been following Kentucky basketball?