AAU Tourney time

Qryche11

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see 7 NKY teams have entered the D-2 12 U state tournament next weekend the 23rd-25th. This is a strong showing from this area, should be some great competition down the road when these boys get to High School I am curious where most of these teams players will go to school.

CC-Kings- Campbell Co, Brossart ?

NKY Flash- Conner? Boone Co?

NKY Raiders- Ryle, Boone Co?

NKY Nets- Boone Co, Ryle?

NKY Pacers- CovCath ? Holy Cross?

NKY Rockets- 7 going to Highlands, 3 going to NCC

NKY Firehawks- Conner,Boone ?

The Firehawks are an Independence, Taylor Mill team so from what I've heard out of most of them they plan on Going to Simon Kenton.

NKY Teams and ranking.

Its hard to say as many have beaten each other in the past, some havent played this year yet. Some are select where they have gone out and picked up a couple ringers this year from different areas. Here is my analysis of the teams I know.

NKY Firehawks- strong guard who handles ball very well and can score and a decent power forward.

NKY Nets- overall a big team, a lot of athleticism and picked up a tall kid in the middle who can play. This pickup has helped them tremendously.

NKY Pacers- only going off of last year, had a big kid in the middle who could play and were very scrappy. I heard they picked up another big kid.

NKY Rockets- several good guards who can shoot the ball and handle it. Scrappy and rotate 3 solid kids at the post who are all about even in ability. 1-10 they are solid so depth would be their strength.

NKY Flash- scrappy bunch of smaller guys. They play tough man-man from what I remember. Didnt have size last year but heard they picked up a bigger kid.

NKY Raiders- havent seen them this year, had some athleticism and decent guards. Heard they picked up a big kid in the middle who is very athletic.

CC Kings- good guard play, very good player in McGovney who has grown a few inches since last year. He can take it to the hole and score at will it seems.

NKY Knicks- if they enter which I presume they will. They have a very good post player and a couple other kids with athleticism. Their bread and butter though is the big fella down low.

Hope I'm not leaving any other teams out. Wouldnt mind knowing a little more about the teams downstate.

I did not get to see yesterdays games, but today there were some good ones in the 11U state tournament. The N. Ky Tarheels were almost upset by the Lou. Legends and Albany Bulldogs almost upset the Lou. Legends. The final 8 are: C. Ky Warriors vs Lex. Blaze, Lou. Legends vs. Star Sports, Somerset Future vs C. Ky Tigers, and the N. Ky Tarheels vs Fleming Co. Bobcats. Tomorrow should be a day of good basketball.