AAU Tourney time

Qryche11

Here are some pool play matchups starting tonight in the 12U Georgetown Tournament.

Pool A- G-town, NKY Rockets,Mountain Thunder

Pool B- Corbin,Madison County, Lexington Trotters

Pool C- CC Kings, Lexington Ice, Louisville Storm

Pool D- Harrison County, Montgomery/Clark, South Oldham

Should be some nice games this weekend. Pool play winners advance to bracket play on Saturday afternoon/Evening. Finals are on Sunday.

Games are played at Scott Co. Middle and Royal Springs Middle School.

There is an 11U tournament also being played. Here are the pools for that one.

Pool A- NKY Tarheels, Oldham Mustangs, Northeast KY

Pool B- Lexington Force, Richmond Rockets, NKY Wolfpack

Pool C- Scott Co, Harrison Co, Barren Co.

Same format for games and brackets to play out with a final on Sunday.

See ya tonight HOOPDR.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am coaching a 12 and under and a 11 and under team in Harlan County. They are not made up of players from around the county, just my team players. I need games, and am wondering if anyone knows of teams that would be interested. If you could just provide the coach's name and phone number that I could reach for possible games, I would appreciate it.

Also, I am an asisstant coach for a 14 and under team. I would appreciate any information on teams in that division as well. Thanks.

Georgetown beat the NKY Rocket 51-31 last night in 1st round pool play.

Gtown played very well and the Rockets did not show up. 13-13 after 1 period but Gtown went up 10 at halftime and then extended the lead after 3 to 18. Hopefully a better showing today vs. the Mt. Thunder for the Rockets.

Monroe and Portwood played very well for G-Town as well as #23 I think his name is Young. Colin Dupont had 9 of the first 13 Rocket pts and played hard. Richie Whitford scored 8 straight for the Rockets in the 3rd but they could never get on track.

Pool play winners for the G Town Tournament 12U

G-Town 1st 2-0 Defeated Rockets by 20 and Mt Thunder by more than 20.

Rockets 2nd 1-1 Lost to Gtown and beat the Mt. Thunder by 9pts 55-46.

Lex Trotters 1st 2-0

Madison Colonels 2nd 1-1

Louisville Storm 1st 2-0 defeated Lex Ice and Kings by 10 I believe.

CC Kings- 2nd 1-1 Defeated Lex Ice by 5pts and lost to Storm.

Harrison Co- 1st 2-0

Montgomery 2nd 1-1

Bracket play today

NKY Rockets defeated Lexington Ice 46-45. Colin Dupont had 15 pts, Michael Bueter hit a shot to go up by 1 with 11 sec left. Held on for the victory. Pete Collopy had a nice couple ballgames as did Richie Whitford. They advance to play Harrison Co. on Sunday morning to see who advances to the Semis.

Tomorrow's games.

G-Town plays winner of Montg.Co and Corgin at 9AM

Lex Trotters play winner of CC Kings and Mt. Thunder at 9AM

Louisvill Storm play the winner of Madisn Colonels and S.Oldham 10am

Harrison Co plays NKY Rockets 10AM

Pool play winners for the G Town Tournament 12U

G-Town 1st 2-0 Defeated Rockets by 20 and Mt Thunder by more than 20.

Rockets 2nd 1-1 Lost to Gtown and beat the Mt. Thunder by 9pts 55-46.

Lex Trotters 1st 2-0

Madison Colonels 2nd 1-1

Louisville Storm 1st 2-0 defeated Lex Ice and Kings by 10 I believe.

CC Kings- 2nd 1-1 Defeated Lex Ice by 5pts and lost to Storm.

Harrison Co- 1st 2-0

Montgomery 2nd 1-1

Bracket play today

NKY Rockets defeated Lexington Ice 46-45. Colin Dupont had 15 pts, Michael Bueter hit a shot to go up by 1 with 11 sec left. Held on for the victory. Pete Collopy had a nice couple ballgames as did Richie Whitford. They advance to play Harrison Co. on Sunday morning to see who advances to the Semis.

Tomorrow's games.

G-Town plays winner of Montg.Co and Corgin at 9AM

Lex Trotters play winner of CC Kings and Mt. Thunder at 9AM

Louisvill Storm play the winner of Madisn Colonels and S.Oldham 10am

Harrison Co plays NKY Rockets 10AM

Good luck:thumb:

Update on Georgetown 12 U Tourney.

Matchups today.

G-Town defeated Montg. Co by a bunch.

Lex Trotters defeated CC Kings by 12pts.

Lex Trotters Defeated G-Town in the Final Four to advance to Finals.

Louisville Storm defeated Madison Colonels easily and advance to Final Four.

NKY Rockets defeated Harrison Co. 60-46 and advanced to the Final Four. Very good game for the Rockets as they had 3 players in double figures, Witte,Whitford and Collopy.

Louisville Storm manhandled the NKY Rockets 64-36. No answer for the loaded lineup the Storm has. Nky Rockets finish the tourney 3-2, not a bad showing.

Finals were set for 2:50 to day between the Lex Trotters and Louisville Storm. If anyone has a final on this let me know. I saw both teams play and the Storm had the better team not by far but they were loaded top to bottom and had two kids 5'11 who could play.

Does anyone know if there are any good teams participating in The River City Classic AAU Basketball Tournament to be held March 30-April 1 in and around Mason County and Maysville?

That is the week after 12U State tourney at KBA.

Georgetown Thunder has accepted an Invitation to play in the prestigous

Rob Taylor's Buckeye Preps Invitation in Columbus OH the same weekend as the River City Classic. For more info check out Buckeyeprepreport.com.

That is the week after 12U State tourney at KBA.

Georgetown Thunder has accepted an Invitation to play in the prestigous

Rob Taylor's Buckeye Preps Invitation in Columbus OH the same weekend as the River City Classic. For more info check out Buckeyeprepreport.com.

Good luck in the Buckeye tourney. I have to say I am surprised the Trotters defeated the Storm in the Finals. They had a couple big kids and #4 was a very nice player at the 2guard but the STorm had the big kid who could wheel and deal in the paint.

I will also say this, I know its not the KBA tourney and ages/grades werent checked very tightly but the kid from Lex Ice was much older than our boys and we had a parent from their team confirm it. He was 13 I believe and a 7th grader and he was a player. Luckily he fouled out in our game and we eeked out the 1pt victory. I look at the size of some of those other kids on the Trotters/Storm and I would love to see birth certs on those guys also. Not crying in my milk because our boys accomplished what we wanted this weekend, we got 5 good games in and made it to the Final Four not expecting to win the thing.

The G-Town Thunder were very impressive and you all should be even better once you get your Big Center back who was out sick this weekend.

NKY Hornets 4th are kids mainly from Ft. thomas/Southgate/Cold Spring I believe. Bo Hoge (Merril's son), Jackson Hall, Zach Pangallo, Drew McDonald, Griffin Urlage are a few I know of. Bo is very athletic, go figure. McDonald is very good and big for 4th grade. Havent seen them play much but they do play a ton of games in a ton of tournaments. Bo is actually playing up with our Spring team 12U.

I have heard the Hornets finished 2nd this past weekend in Div 1 (Very impressive). I believe the Central Ky Tigers were the champs. Anyone have any more details on this?

As far as the Div 2, The Ville were in the finals. I am not sure who they were playing. Wolfpack lost to The Ville earlier in the tournament.

I have heard the Hornets finished 2nd this past weekend in Div 1 (Very impressive). I believe the Central Ky Tigers were the champs. Anyone have any more details on this?

As far as the Div 2, The Ville were in the finals. I am not sure who they were playing. Wolfpack lost to The Ville earlier in the tournament.

The 10U D1 State champions were the C. Ky Tigers defeating the N. Ky Hornets By around 10 points. The D1 was a very competitive tournament. Both the Tigers and the Hornets had losses in pool play and got to the championship game with a record of 3-1. I was very impressed with the Hornets. They played there way through some tough competition and deserved there spot in the championship game.

The 10U D2 state champions were The Ville soundly defeating the Somerset Future (an elementary school team) in the championship game by 25+. Definately a D1 team that stayed back in D2 for the national bid. Someone told me that they would have played D1 if the 12U and 10U D1 national tournaments weren't on the same week. I didn't think it was very classy though when they had won the game mid way through the 3rd quarter but continued to press so there shooting guard could break a state 3 point record. He is definately a good shooter but, should have gotten it in a better fashion. The Somerset coaches showed class and did not get upset. It is unfortunate for the N. Ky Wolfpack that they were put out of the tournament in the final 8 by The Ville. The Wolfpack were probably the best D2 team in the tournament and gave The Ville there best game. The Albany Bulldogs played The Ville in the semis and made the game respectable in the end. The other semi final game was a battle between two 12th region foes with Somerset Future defeating Team Access (Wayne Co.) by one point.

The 8U state tournament champions were the Southwestern Sonics defeating the N. Ky Wildcats. These little guys were fun to watch.

The 11U/5th grade state tournament is posted. Any thoughts on the pools? What do you think about there not being a D1 or D2 state? Instead there is one tournament with the top four teams getting a D1 bid and a top 8 finish gets you a D2 bid. There were only 2 teams that were going to play D1 so they combined the tournaments. This will show who is truely the best AAU team in Kentucky. I feel sorry for the D2 teams that have to play the Central Kentucky Warriors. They once beat a team 84-2 in the state tournament 2 years ago. They are one of the best 11U AAU teams in the nation.