AAU Tourney time

Qryche11

There will be a very good tournament this weekend in Florence BCI.

Some heavy hitters in the 12U from what I've heard.

12 Teams supposedly Cincy Lakers, Cincy Playmakers, NKY Tarheels,

Georgetown Thunder, NKY Nets, Campbell Co. Kings, Mountain Thunder,

South Laurel, Louisville Fury, Mason county and two others that I can't remember. I will be there to take it all in.

Cincy Lakers are absolutely huge !!!! They have a center who has to be 5'11 250lbs and is only 11 yrs old. They have a couple long kids as well that go 5'6 to 5'7 and can hoop.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ville are the team to beat this year. They have combined players from last years Rising Stars team and the Lexington Blaze. A very solid team. The Georgetown Thunder added player from the Trotters that make them a tall, quick team. The N. Ky Tarheels added a player from Louisville Rising Stars, had one of their old players return, and I think they added a kid from Cincinnati. Anyways, these three teams are the ones to beat. The Louisville Suns even though they lost the guard from South Laurel are pretty solid ( they added another good guard) and I think Somerset can compete with anyone. I have heard that Somerset's big man broke his arm and will miss the state tournament. Somerset beat Georgetown with there big man earlier this year, but lost to them this past weekend in Florance.

I would guess we will get a better idea after this weekend. The BCI tourney looks loaded. I know South Laurel is a good team also, but they are not an AAU team (too many holdbacks). I look forward to hearing about the BCI results.

It will be interesting to see which teams are going to be playing Division 1 and who will be entering the Division 11 state tournament.

Personally I think if you have a select team where you are recruiting kids from all over to formulate an all star team than you should play Division 1 hands down. If you have a community team like Somerset/NKY Rockets/NKY Nets/Campbell Co Kings, Mountain Thunder (pikeville), etc..then Div 11 is probably the better route. Reason being, you may have 4-5 kids on these teams who can hang with Division 1 players but when it comes down to depth and Division 1 state tourney, you need to go to the 6th and 7th players and they need to be Division 1 caliber players as well. I just don't see the teams I mentioned above having Div 1 depth throughout the whole lineup.

It will be interesting to see which teams are going to be playing Division 1 and who will be entering the Division 11 state tournament.

Personally I think if you have a select team where you are recruiting kids from all over to formulate an all star team than you should play Division 1 hands down. If you have a community team like Somerset/NKY Rockets/NKY Nets/Campbell Co Kings, Mountain Thunder (pikeville), etc..then Div 11 is probably the better route. Reason being, you may have 4-5 kids on these teams who can hang with Division 1 players but when it comes down to depth and Division 1 state tourney, you need to go to the 6th and 7th players and they need to be Division 1 caliber players as well. I just don't see the teams I mentioned above having Div 1 depth throughout the whole lineup.

I have heard that the Ville, N. Ky Tarheels,and Georgetown Thunder are playing D1 this year. I don't know about the Rising Stars (last year they had a D1 and D2 team). I have seen them play and they would do just fine in D1. The Truth are a completely different team this year (bigger and more athletic), but they will go D2. The Louisville Storm have a very talented big man and my guess is they will go D2 also. Somerset is a school team so they would probably play D2, but they can compete at the D1 level. The Lexington Trotters were D1 last year, but this year they will probably play D2 (2 years ago they were the D2 state champions).

I have heard that the Ville, N. Ky Tarheels,and Georgetown Thunder are playing D1 this year. I don't know about the Rising Stars (last year they had a D1 and D2 team). I have seen them play and they would do just fine in D1. The Truth are a completely different team this year (bigger and more athletic), but they will go D2. The Louisville Storm have a very talented big man and my guess is they will go D2 also. Somerset is a school team so they would probably play D2, but they can compete at the D1 level. The Lexington Trotters were D1 last year, but this year they will probably play D2 (2 years ago they were the D2 state champions).

This is about what I figured. The Truth were huge last year, I cant imagine them getting bigger unless those guys grew even more. I have picture of our boys on the Free Throw blocks trying to block out their knees in last year's state tourney. :D

Pool play is completed for the Georgetown Tournament. NKY Rockets will play in a pool with G-Town and Mountain Thunder starting next Friday night.

There will be a very good tournament this weekend in Florence BCI.

Some heavy hitters in the 12U from what I've heard.

12 Teams supposedly Cincy Lakers, Cincy Playmakers, NKY Tarheels,

Georgetown Thunder, NKY Nets, Campbell Co. Kings, Mountain Thunder,

South Laurel, Louisville Fury, Mason county and two others that I can't remember. I will be there to take it all in.

Where in Florence are the BCI games played? Is it easy to get to if your coming from Maysville to watch some? games

They play these at Sports of all sorts in Florence next to Boone Co. High school. It is NOT the Mt. Zion location. Take the Turfway exit.

Thanks, is there a site or something that posts the scheduled games and gametimes?

Thunder won against S. Laurel by 14 I think and lost to NKY Tarheels by 12-15. Was not a very good showing by Georgetown Thunder. Lakers Beat S.Laurel handily. Playmakers beat Ashland & the Pacers handily.

The site is pretty good about showing the winners and runners up but I am sure they wont post results for a week or so on this weekend's games. If you call Sports of All Sorts, they may give you the game times and teams playing.

ON a side note, NKY Rockets won an exciting 2nd round game tonight in League tourney play SW OHIO League. Defeated Cheviot Fire by 3 pts 35-32. Brennan Devoto nailed a huge 3 with 40 sec left to put them up by 2. Colin Dupont stole a pass on the other end for a long distance layup to go up 4. Fire scored on a layup and the Rockets played keep away until the buzzer. Michael Beuter was on fire in the 2nd half nailing 3 three pointers. Good victory over a much bigger team in the West Siders. Avance to play in Semis tomorrow.

If anyone has BCI details share them.

Thunder won against S. Laurel by 14 I think and lost to NKY Tarheels by 12-15. Was not a very good showing by Georgetown Thunder. Lakers Beat S.Laurel handily. Playmakers beat Ashland & the Pacers handily.

What did you think of the Lakers? :scared:

They play football as well. The are beatable as the Tar Heels knocked them off a few weeks back but they have some major size.

Any scores from today's BCI Bracket play in Florence? 12U

NKY rockets 12U advanced to finals of their league tourney at SW OHIO league defeating NKY Heat 35-27. Boys played half asleep most of game and had 2 kids out and one starter nursing a back injury. Sunday morning games are just not a good idea as well. Advance to play Winton Hills Falcons in finals.

2nd/8U and 4th/10U AAU state tournaments are posted. At this age coaching plays the major role in wins and losses IMO. But, they are fun to watch.

My picks:

2nd/8U- Lexington Colonels and Southwestern Sonics

4th/10U D1- C. Ky Tigers and Louisville Legends

Sleeper: Lexington Colonels

4th Grade D2- The Ville, Somerset Future, or N Ky Wolfpack

Sleeper: Albany Bulldogs