Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corey Dillion Retiring...

Featured Replies

I once ran into him in a nightclub when Rudi started getting the rock. I was suprised how cordial he was considering the situation. He had a great career with the Bengals and gave the Pats a big boost. Maroney looks to be a STUD by the way!

7 seasons with the Bengals

3 seasons with the Patriots (won a super bowl in '04)

 

Even though Dillon won a SB with the Pats', I think he goes in as a Bengal.

 

Doesn't the player get to choose who he goes in as, and knowing Dillon I wouldn't be certain that he would decide on the Bengals as his choice..

Doesn't the player get to choose who he goes in as, and knowing Dillon I wouldn't be certain that he would decide on the Bengals as his choice..

 

Think so, yeah.

If he gets to choose I don't think he goes in as a Bengal, maybe his bust could feature a BK "King" mask since he wanted to flip burgers.

Never liked/respected the guy after he made the burger flipping comment. Not a team player. Hope he doesn't make the HOF and if he does, I hope it's as a Pat.

Awesome career....smart to get out before you are not able to live.

The real question is if he makes the hall of fame will he go in as a bengal or a patriot?

 

The Pro Football HOF doesn't work like the Baseball HOF. Players don't "Go In" with a team representation. They have their bust there, with a list of all the teams they played for and their career highlights and statistics.

Don't be so quick, his agent says he wants to go to another team where he'll get more carries. Kind of a different story, isn't it?

Over all stats he trumps Tiki but he had a longer career as a featured back. During their prime Tiki's numbers are better than CD.

 

In comparison to where the Bengals were during Dillon's prime and where the Giants were during Tiki's should make the difference. If Dillon doesn't make it into the Hall, than Tiki, nor Jerome Bettis should. Think about how many 8 and 9 man fronts Dillon saw, and then think about how many games he was basically eliminated at the half b/c the Bengals were so far behind. If the Bengals hadn't had Dillon in the mid-90's, they may have had a few 1-15 seasons in there.

Like 75center, I read that it's more likely for him to sign with another team than retire.

Can't blame the guy if he is retiring. He had a solid career. Personally, I could care less about him making the HOF or not. IMO, I don't think he gets in. His numbers are good, but they're not great. They should also be better than what they are as he didn't give 100% on every run.

Doesn't the player get to choose who he goes in as, and knowing Dillon I wouldn't be certain that he would decide on the Bengals as his choice..

 

If the NFL is like MLB, then the answer is "no." The Hall chooses.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.