February 23, 200719 yr Just saw on ESPN that Dillion wants out of his contract so he can set to retire. Very nice career for the guy and gave Cinci a GREAT player in the years they were absolutly a JOKE...
February 23, 200719 yr Wish I would have nabbed Maroney. CD had a fine career, not many can say they held both the rookie and all time rushing record for a game. As far as a person he's flawed but on the field he was fine.
February 23, 200719 yr Career Numbers for Dillon - 1997-2006 / Bengals & Patriots 150 games 2,618 rushing attempts 11,241 rushing yards 74.9 yards per game (career best - 2004/Patriots 109 yards per game) 4.3 yards per carry 82 career TD's 244 receptions 1913 yards receiving 12.8 yards per game 7.8 yards per catch 7 receiving TD's 28 fumbles 4 time Pro Bowler - '99, '00, '01 & '04 Among the leagues all-time top 50 Rushes (15th) Rushing Yards (14th) Rushing TD's (16th) Yards from scrimmage (29th) Rushing/Receiving TD's (28th) Dillon is 32 years old.
February 23, 200719 yr Author Career Numbers for Dillon - 1997-2006 / Bengals & Patriots 150 games 2,618 rushing attempts 11,241 rushing yards 74.9 yards per game (career best - 2004/Patriots 109 yards per game) 4.3 yards per carry 82 career TD's 244 receptions 1913 yards recieving 12.8 yards per game 7.8 yards per catch 7 recieving TD's 28 fumbles Dillon is 32 years old. I couldn't imagine the life after being an NFL running back...
February 23, 200719 yr Corey got his ring and shouldn't have a problem getting in the hall of fame. If it is the end for him, a darn good career.
February 23, 200719 yr I would like to see how his numbers compare to Tiki's.... Tiki 154 games (Dillon - 150) 2,217 rushing attempts (Dillon - 2,618) 10,449 yards rushing (Dillon - 11,241) 4.7 yards per carry (Dillon - 4.3) 55 rushing TD's (Dillon - 82) Dillon had the better career.
February 23, 200719 yr Just saw on ESPN that Dillion wants out of his contract so he can set to retire. Very nice career for the guy and gave Cinci a GREAT player in the years they were absolutly a JOKE... I kind figured that this season might have been it for him after seeing the one run this year where he had absolutely no one around him and he was just so SLOW and the peole easily caught up with him. The old Dillon usually didn't get caught when out in front of people, he just looked REALLY old this year...
February 23, 200719 yr The real question is if he makes the hall of fame will he go in as a bengal or a patriot?
February 23, 200719 yr The real question is if he makes the hall of fame will he go in as a bengal or a patriot? 7 seasons with the Bengals 3 seasons with the Patriots (won a super bowl in '04) Even though Dillon won a SB with the Pats', I think he goes in as a Bengal.
February 23, 200719 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2776090 Report: Patriots' Dillon ready to retire after 10 seasons After ten seasons of pounding from NFL defenses, New England Patriots back Corey Dillon is ready to call it quits. "I think more of my health, how I envision myself 5-10 years down the road," he told the Globe. "I don't want to be broken down, not able to play with my kids." "Football is the furthest thing on my mind right now,'' Dillon said in the Globe story. ''I may wake up and feel the itch and decide I still want to shake it, but as of now, I doubt that will happen.'' "I've been blessed and fortunate enough to play 10 years," he said. "I can get up and walk around and be comfortable. That's one of the big determining factors." "I gave them what they wanted; I didn't come in and steal money," he was quoted as saying. "I felt like the money they spent was well earned."
February 23, 200719 yr I don't think he'll make the HOF, his numbers are good but he played for a very poor franchise, basically invisible to the media outside of the city but he brought it all on the field. His SB season for the Pats was the icing on the cake for him. Not only did he get the ring, he posted his best numbers.
February 23, 200719 yr Tiki 154 games (Dillon - 150) 2,217 rushing attempts (Dillon - 2,618) 10,449 yards rushing (Dillon - 11,241) 4.7 yards per carry (Dillon - 4.3) 55 rushing TD's (Dillon - 82) Dillon had the better career. Over all stats he trumps Tiki but he had a longer career as a featured back. During their prime Tiki's numbers are better than CD.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.