South Laurel 56 Bell Co. 55

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, that's two games in a row ... I picked South by one and Corbin over OBI by 25 and got both of them right.

Congrats goes out to both teams for giving their best.

Give me 5 numbers and a powerball for tomorrow night. If I win I will buy you and SSF dinner.:scared:

Didn't Bell County lead most of the game, by a slim margin. Whitaker has a chance to win at the buzzer, but didn't get a good look.

According to Mountain News clips Bell was up by 1 with about 15 seconds to go when Hammonds drove baseline and banked in a short shot to put South up 1. A Bell kid rushed the ball upcourt and looked to try to draw contact and ended up shooting an off balance air ball as time expired.

I think Spillywilly was :laugh: at the part that SL only wanted to win by one.

Bell Co. has a very good ball team, and not taking away from that South played a very sloppy first half. They were making bad passes and they did not do a good job stepping in the passing lanes on defense. However even if they only won by one point they still won. That being said when you can play bad on the road and still pull out a win you are going to be a hard team to beat come post season.

People who did not think Bell could play with South Laurel must have not seen Bell play this year, or simply don't know whats going on. Bell has a talented and very athletic bunch.

That being said, Bell still lost and have to play better than tonight to win the region.

Since I stated SL would win by whatever margin they chose, it seems clear this is aimed at me. So I offer this retort:

So I was wrong. Big deal. It happens sometimes.

I'll take my hoops knowledge up against pretty much anyone, and feel safe that I can hold my own. Can you make the same claim?