Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jasper

Featured Replies

I heard the first half of the game on the radio, so I didn't even know they were saying it on ESPN... But I've thought it a lot lately... Just figured this thread was as good of a time as any to say so.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And you think Jaspers pg play has been better than average? Neither one of them do that great of a job running the point. Jasper doesn't really create any shots for anyone else in the half court offense because people lay off of him so he cant drive, and Bradley sometimes forces some shots and makes stupid passes. However Bradley still has gotten better at actually running the offense than earlier in the year. So if I had the choice between two average pg's, but one of them actually gave me the ability to put some points on the board which we struggle at, and not to mention it also gets someone else in the game who can score like Meeks, then I must say I would do it...

 

 

I would have to disagree. I think they have the right guy starting at the point. We can argue about this all night, but it's obvious that neither of us is going to change their opinions, so......:walk:

I would have to disagree. I think they have the right guy starting at the point. We can argue about this all night, but it's obvious that neither of us is going to change their opinions, so......:walk:

 

Well thats true I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one...But I think all the slow starts offensively kind of helps me out...:D;)

I really like the way that Meeks is playing.

Bradley dribbles to his chest, dribbles too much, and has a scorers mentality. He's much better at the 2. Jasper just needs to score. I don't understand playing timid or afraid. If you never shoot you never score. Never up never in....

Meeks serves the team better by coming off of the bench. If he starts then there is zero scoring coming off of the bench. Bradley at the point is a scary proposition with his poor ball handling and shoot first mentality. Jasper does need to look for his shot more, whether it be a mid range jumper or more drives to the basket, but other than his lack of scoring he has done a pretty good job at the point. He rebounds very well, is a pretty good passer and his judgment is getting better each game.

I don't think Jasper should play much unless we are in a full court press. I like his length in the passing lanes. But he does absolutely nothing in the half court. I think his job would be to post up a smaller guard or catching alley-oops in a fast break. But I'm not the coach.

This is the wrong way to think about it. Look at it by position, and it becomes clear:

 

PG: Who's the better PG, Jasper or Bradley? The answer is Jasper.

 

2G: Who's the better 2G, Bradley or Meeks? This one is at least debatable, but right now I think it's Bradley with reins on.

 

3G/SF: Who's the better 3, Crawford or Meeks? Crawford.

 

Tubby has this right, IMO.

When Bradley is our PG we have LSU type ball handling.

If you noticed yesterday Crawford and Meeks brought the ball up at times in the second half.

UK made their comeback with Morris and Woo in the game at the same time! I say start Woo over Perry and let Morris play the 4!!!

I've been saying for years now that Morris and Woo need to play together.

If you noticed yesterday Crawford and Meeks brought the ball up at times in the second half.

 

 

I noticed Meeks. I noticed it was a big situation and he brought it up and was the "holder".... I liked it.

I noticed Meeks. I noticed it was a big situation and he brought it up and was the "holder".... I liked it.

Don't you think it might take away from his scoring a little bit?

Don't you think it might take away from his scoring a little bit?

 

 

If it does I think it will add to the total scoring because we'd be able to play Meeks, Bradley, and Crawford at the same time without Bradley at the point which IMO takes away scoring.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.