Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jasper

Featured Replies

I have liked this kid all year, but we are struggling on offense. Jasper does not EVER shoot the ball and does not do too much IMO. I would much rather have Meeks in the line- up with the lack of offense then Jasper. What do you all think?

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The commentators just mentioned that. They said it's like Kentucky is playing 4 on 5 on offense.

  • Author

He NEVER shoots and it drives me CRAZY :madman: :fight:

He played his role well early in the season, but I'd swap him for Meeks at this point.

 

Bradley seems to be a little more comfortable running the point, and Jasper is absolutely no threat with the ball.

 

Sadly, after looking up his stats, he's 6th in scoring (4.8). Behind the other starters + Meeks. He's 4th in rebounding (4.0) and 2nd in assists (3.2).

The commentators just mentioned that. They said it's like Kentucky is playing 4 on 5 on offense.

 

Its really 3-5 when Jasper and Perry/Thomas are in.

I have liked this kid all year, but we are struggling on offense. Jasper does not EVER shoot the ball and does not do too much IMO. I would much rather have Meeks in the line- up with the lack of offense then Jasper. What do you all think?

 

hmmm well I think I remember someone saying that for the last couple of weeks on here, and that person got blasted for suggesting such a thing...And well that person was me, and I glad to see that people are starting to come around and agree with me on this...:thumb:

You need some offensive presence off your bench. They have 3 legit offensive weapons in the starting 5. Keeping Meeks coming off the bench is the way to go IMO. That plus the fact that I have absolutely zero confidence in Bradley at the point.

Meeks needs to be the go to guy off the bench, a microwave type player, heating up fast and delivering the goods!

You need some offensive presence off your bench. They have 3 legit offensive weapons in the starting 5. Keeping Meeks coming off the bench is the way to go IMO. That plus the fact that I have absolutely zero confidence in Bradley at the point.

 

So you want us to keep starting off the game having to go pretty much 3 on 5 on the offensive end and getting down by 16 like we seem to do alot, and then decide to use are spark plug Meeks to bring us back. I know I must rather have that spark in the starting lineup and not get down by 16 but that is just me....

 

Also do you not pay attention when Bradley is at the point anymore, he has gotten alot better at the point than he was to start the season. Yeah he is still going to make mistakes, just like Jasper does. But Bradley can make up for it some by actually scoring which Jasper just does not do. Also earlier in the year Jasper was a pretty good spark plug off the bench for us, so once again I say start another scorer in Meeks, and Jasper could be that spark plug he was earlier in the year that got him the starting spot...

So you want us to keep starting off the game having to go pretty much 3 on 5 on the offensive end and getting down by 16 like we seem to do alot, and then decide to use are spark plug Meeks to bring us back. I know I must rather have that spark in the starting lineup and not get down by 16 but that is just me....

 

Also do you not pay attention when Bradley is at the point anymore, he has gotten alot better at the point than he was to start the season. Yeah he is still going to make mistakes, just like Jasper does. But Bradley can make up for it some by actually scoring which Jasper just does not do. Also earlier in the year Jasper was a pretty good spark plug off the bench for us, so once again I say start another scorer in Meeks, and Jasper could be that spark plug he was earlier in the year that got him the starting spot...

 

 

Bradley's point guard play has been average at best this year.

I too think they should add Meeks to the starting lineup... I was up and down on it for a while because of what he brings off the bench with his scoring, but the starters that you have at this time aren't getting it done to start the game... Those 3 scorers that they have starting aren't consistent enough to do it alone... I think they should run more plays with a Bradley - Meeks - Crawford - Perry - Morris lineup... You could still bring Jasper off the bench and rest people as needed... I think this team needs a shakeup, they're playing uninspired basketball.

He shoots less than 2 attempts a game and those are usually layups/dunks. Pretty sad when the guard has more confidence letting Morris shoot a mid range jumper than himself.

  • Author

Jasper played 27 mintutes and had 0 FG attempts...

Bradley's point guard play has been average at best this year.

 

And you think Jaspers pg play has been better than average? Neither one of them do that great of a job running the point. Jasper doesn't really create any shots for anyone else in the half court offense because people lay off of him so he cant drive, and Bradley sometimes forces some shots and makes stupid passes. However Bradley still has gotten better at actually running the offense than earlier in the year. So if I had the choice between two average pg's, but one of them actually gave me the ability to put some points on the board which we struggle at, and not to mention it also gets someone else in the game who can score like Meeks, then I must say I would do it...

I too think they should add Meeks to the starting lineup... I was up and down on it for a while because of what he brings off the bench with his scoring, but the starters that you have at this time aren't getting it done to start the game... Those 3 scorers that they have starting aren't consistent enough to do it alone... I think they should run more plays with a Bradley - Meeks - Crawford - Perry - Morris lineup... You could still bring Jasper off the bench and rest people as needed... I think this team needs a shakeup, they're playing uninspired basketball.

 

:thumb: Exactly! I been saying just that for 2 or 3 weeks now, but I guess it took people announcing the game saying the same thing for people to actually believe it. Having a lineup with Bradley-Meeks-Crawford-Perry-Morris gives you the best offensive lineup and also not a bad defensive lineup either. It gives you a legit 4 scorers in the lineup, and Perry who can also show up and score some games...Also if people remember Jasper was giving us a spark off the bench to start the year and that is what got him a starting spot to begin with, so now he can just go back to coming off the bench which he was doing really good at to the start the year...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.