Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott County at LexCath

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Co always has more attendance when they play at Lex Cath than the home team.

Which is why I believe they will run up the prices.

According to the Scott Co. fans Scott Co. should be playing in the NCAA, not the KHSAA.

I can honestly say that I have not seen that tone this season. Most Scott co fans are very knowledgeable and humble.

I can understand why Catholic ups the price of this game. It is a 60% Scott Co base of fans and they know their fans follow them win or lose. To be honest it has been good for alot of the 11th region teams that Scott co has joined the region. Gates are bigger and it really seems like another big city match-up. Basketball in this area has really picked up its level of play the last three years. Giving the Fayette Co middle schools a little more opportunities to play other teams besides the Fayette co schools has helped. The Lexington schools keeping their players has helped. I think we have some very good coaches in the 11th.

Catholic has a chance because it seems like everytime the Cards go in their gym the refs call the game a little one sided

 

 

How is that different from playing at Scott Co.?

How is that different from playing at Scott Co.?

 

Obviously you and others haven't kept up with the game in the recent years. For some reason Scott county loses to Catholic in their gym and wins by 20 at home. I remember 2 years ago when at the end of the game they called a walk on Matt Walls when he was still dribbling to end the game when he had a clear way to the basket. I'm sorry most don't likes Scott County because they are good but I think it's hard to argue that SC get all the calls at home when they will gladly go beat all the teams in the 11th region on the road. They lost to Central last year because of a coaching error but other than that they walked through the 11th. Scott County will be number one no matter what region they are in. And just to let all of you Anti- Scott County fans know the Cardinals are for real and you will be seeing them on top for years to come.

I see the Cards winning but I'm sure the Knights would rather lose this one than if they meet again in March.

This is an INTENSE rivalry. Walk into a school in Scott Co. tomorrow and the front office will have already moved past the Huntington game and will be talking about the game at Lex. Cath.

There will be quite a few SC fans at the game Saturday. (It was at least half-red tonight in Huntington)

I totally disagree with the KHSAA/NCAA comment posted earlier. The Scott Co. faithful know better than to think this team is above the current level of comptetition. Bullitt East and Madison Central have made it very clear that we have plenty of competition right here to focus on.

Go Cards - I couldn't think of a better way to "bounce back" from tonight's loss than to go get a big W on Clays Mill Road.

  • Author
Obviously you and others haven't kept up with the game in the recent years. For some reason Scott county loses to Catholic in their gym and wins by 20 at home. I remember 2 years ago when at the end of the game they called a walk on Matt Walls when he was still dribbling to end the game when he had a clear way to the basket. I'm sorry most don't likes Scott County because they are good but I think it's hard to argue that SC get all the calls at home when they will gladly go beat all the teams in the 11th region on the road. They lost to Central last year because of a coaching error but other than that they walked through the 11th. Scott County will be number one no matter what region they are in. And just to let all of you Anti- Scott County fans know the Cardinals are for real and you will be seeing them on top for years to come.

 

Scott County has won by larger margins at their gym but I give credit to their fans ability to contest every call which doesn't go their way. It kind of wears on me over the course of a game so I imagine it might the officials also. SC will probably have an equal number or more fans on Saturday so it will seem more like a neutral site. The Cards are the best team in the state along with Ballard but they play a very intense style and foul a lot so I don't see why some of their fans think they get the short end of the stick from the officials. Coach Hicks does as good a job as any in trying to get officials to call it both ways (his way). I guess the only hope Catholic has is if we get the officials to help us. Thanks for the heads up.

Scott County has won by larger margins at their gym but I give credit to their fans ability to contest every call which doesn't go their way. It kind of wears on me over the course of a game so I imagine it might the officials also. SC will probably have an equal number or more fans on Saturday so it will seem more like a neutral site. The Cards are the best team in the state along with Ballard but they play a very intense style and foul a lot so I don't see why some of their fans think they get the short end of the stick from the officials. Coach Hicks does as good a job as any in trying to get officials to call it both ways (his way). I guess the only hope Catholic has is if we get the officials to help us. Thanks for the heads up.

 

 

The big big set-up: knightsdad is preparing the crow - ready to be served on Saturday night.

Scott County is the best team in the state, but they are primed for an

UPSET by Catholic

Scott County is going to have to get better ball movement or somebody is going to sneak up on them again this year

Scott County is the best team in the state, but they are primed for an

UPSET by Catholic

Scott County is going to have to get better ball movement or somebody is going to sneak up on them again this year

 

Hopefully they will learn from the bad decisions that cost them the game against HHS last night. It could be the best thing that could happen - if they learn from it.

Obviously you and others haven't kept up with the game in the recent years. For some reason Scott county loses to Catholic in their gym and wins by 20 at home. I remember 2 years ago when at the end of the game they called a walk on Matt Walls when he was still dribbling to end the game when he had a clear way to the basket. I'm sorry most don't likes Scott County because they are good but I think it's hard to argue that SC get all the calls at home when they will gladly go beat all the teams in the 11th region on the road. They lost to Central last year because of a coaching error but other than that they walked through the 11th. Scott County will be number one no matter what region they are in. And just to let all of you Anti- Scott County fans know the Cardinals are for real and you will be seeing them on top for years to come.
Scott County has a great program and a fantastic team this year. They pretty well dominated the 8th under the Hick's era.

 

This might be the year they win the 11th, but they will never dominate 11th year in year out like they did the 8th.

The 11th region can be very humbling, so enjoy your time on top Scott County.

 

Get your region title while you can.

 

With the growth Georgetown has experienced, who knows your future could hold a split of the High School and at that point you'll only be able to talk about your glory days when you dominated.

Scott County has a great program and a fantastic team this year. They pretty well dominated the 8th under the Hick's era.

 

This might be the year they win the 11th, but they will never dominate 11th year in year out like they did the 8th.

The 11th region can be very humbling, so enjoy your time on top Scott County.

 

Get your region title while you can.

 

With the growth Georgetown has experienced, who knows your future could hold a split of the High School and at that point you'll only be able to talk about your glory days when you dominated.

 

I never understand the anger against Scott County. Everyone understands that with two high schools our chance are diminished. As fans we are just trying to enjoy the team we have now instead of the one we will have 10 years from now. What do you have against Scott Co.?

Obviously you and others haven't kept up with the game in the recent years. For some reason Scott county loses to Catholic in their gym and wins by 20 at home. I remember 2 years ago when at the end of the game they called a walk on Matt Walls when he was still dribbling to end the game when he had a clear way to the basket. I'm sorry most don't likes Scott County because they are good but I think it's hard to argue that SC get all the calls at home when they will gladly go beat all the teams in the 11th region on the road. They lost to Central last year because of a coaching error but other than that they walked through the 11th. Scott County will be number one no matter what region they are in. And just to let all of you Anti- Scott County fans know the Cardinals are for real and you will be seeing them on top for years to come.

 

 

This is funny. I'm not that anti-Scott Co. I actually like Lexington Catholic having a huge rival in the state, and now in the same region. However, it has always been a think of joke that playing in Georgetown is tough because you never know if you're gonna get any calls. Im not saying playing at Lexington Catholic is any better, im just asking how it is any different from being a visiting team on Scott Co.'s home court.

 

As for Scott Co. always dominating and being #1, I don't recall Scott Co. winning many state championships in this decade. In fact I recall schools such as Lexington Catholic, Male, and Mason Co.(just to name a couple, I know there are more) being as dominant if not more at times. Scott Co. will always be a huge influence in Kentucky high school basketball but don't get too full of yourself. Other teams will always be right there with them.

 

Still, im sad I won't be making it home to see this game, both teams play intense basketball and this one should be a good game. If the Knights play well it could even rival some of the great State Tourny meetings these two had.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.