Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 World Cup

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I have watched part of several games and I had no idea soccer was this dramatic with flops, complaining, weird calls, no calls, debating with officials, etc.  Granted I am barely more than a rookie when it comes to soccer but on this level it appears soccer has an integrity issue.

The flops and constant whining/lobbying for calls is totally irritating. The nature of the sport allows a player to flop around on the ground for 30 seconds without having to worry about it hurting his team. I watch the "hurt" player to see how fast he gets up, how he runs after he gets up. At least 75% of the time the "hurt" player is soon back in action running around like nothing happened. Flopping is a distraction to the match and absolutely an integrity issue. 

Soccer is using video review to hand out yellow cards to floppers (simulation is what they call it in soccer), but they need to get more strict on it. In a match yesterday, Mbappe got smacked on the hand by a Paraguay player as they were running alongside each other. Mbappe dropped to the ground like he had just been knocked out by Tyson. He laid on the ground for another 15-30 seconds. Ridiculous. He was in an area where a foul and free kick could lead to a goal. Clearly trying to get that free kick. That should be a yellow card. They can issue yellow cards in post match reviews of the game. They need to get more aggressive in handing out yellow cards for those acts of simulation.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    The flops and constant whining/lobbying for calls is totally irritating. The nature of the sport allows a player to flop around on the ground for 30 seconds without having to worry about it hurting hi

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    In breaking news, the FIFA suspends Balogun red card he is now eligible to play vs. Belgium tomorrow night this is big for the United States!

  • theguru
    theguru

Posted Images

  • Author

In breaking news, the FIFA suspends Balogun red card he is now eligible to play vs. Belgium tomorrow night this is big for the United States!

58 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Norway with the upset win over Brazil!

Haaland scores 2 goals.

Very entertaining match.

I watched most of it.  

Go America!

No Politics Policy

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, POTUS, governor, chancellor, mayor, council, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, lawmaker, whip, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc.). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - politics, political, government, governance, Democrat, Republican, GOP, White House, Capitol, General Assembly, Commonwealth, Frankfort, DC, Washington, State, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, lobbyist, donor, bureaucrat, bureaucratic, bureaucracy, legislature, legislation, legislate, legislative process, legislative intent, election, state, vote, voter, bill, House Bill (HBxxx), Senate Bill (SBxxx), partisan, non-partisan, veto, pollster, referendum, RNC, DNC, amendment, committee, Congress, filibuster, caucus, etc.) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Norway with the upset win over Brazil!

Haaland scores 2 goals.

Very entertaining match.

Haaland is fun to watch.

The England/Mexico game may be the most compelling game I've ever watched.  Incredible match.

22 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

The England/Mexico game may be the most compelling game I've ever watched.  Incredible match.

 

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Two great goal keeper performances in today's matches.

Intense from the get-go. Great match. I'm with you VOR, Pickford has to be Man of the Match for his play in goal for England.

2 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

 

Intense from the get-go. Great match. I'm with you VOR, Pickford has to be Man of the Match for his play in goal for England.

Tough choice between Pickford and Bellingham.

While I think Belgium has a legitimate grievance about the timing of the decision to reinstate Balogun, I also feel they've made themselves look weak and scared in their response.  Most competitors want to go against the other team full strength, and certainly don't want to make it look like they're worried about an individual player tipping the scales.  

Supertroopers Fear GIFs | Tenor

37 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

While I think Belgium has a legitimate grievance about the timing of the decision to reinstate Balogun, I also feel they've made themselves look weak and scared in their response.  Most competitors want to go against the other team full strength, and certainly don't want to make it look like they're worried about an individual player tipping the scales.  

Supertroopers Fear GIFs | Tenor

I guess their argument is we’ve spent four days preparing for one team since there’s no precedent for this type of decision and now it will be a totally different unit.

It shouldn’t have been a red to begin with, and I have no idea why there’s no formal method of appeal for a red card, but waiting four days and then making an announcement the night before is awfully shady on FIFA’s part. 

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I guess their argument is we’ve spent four days preparing for one team since there’s no precedent for this type of decision and now it will be a totally different unit.

It shouldn’t have been a red to begin with, and I have no idea why there’s no formal method of appeal for a red card, but waiting four days and then making an announcement the night before is awfully shady on FIFA’s part. 

While I agree it’s shady, Belgium is making such a big deal it’s making them look weak. I think there’s a psychological edge. And if Balogun scores, I expect they’d about fall to pieces.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.