Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No more Deming Devils

Featured Replies

Didn't someone propose 10 or 12 years ago to merge Deming's students into the Bracken County system? Maybe I'm confused about that, but seems like I do recall something like that being discussed.

  • Replies 119
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a big story in the Herald about it several years ago. I'm not positive about the county they would have merged with though.

Didn't someone propose 10 or 12 years ago to merge Deming's students into the Bracken County system? Maybe I'm confused about that, but seems like I do recall something like that being discussed.

It was talked about a while back. I think it had to do with Bracken wanting to build a new high school, and some wanted it near Powersville, others wanted near the AA Highway, and Demings students walked out in protest of the possible merger.

The state wanted to see if they could have a regional high school for Augusta, Bracken, and Robertson, but It failed.

Robertson County Rowdy Roddy Pippers:D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was talked about a while back. I think it had to do with Bracken wanting to build a new high school, and some wanted it near Powersville, others wanted near the AA Highway, and Demings students walked out in protest of the possible merger.

The state wanted to see if they could have a regional high school for Augusta, Bracken, and Robertson, but It failed.

I remeber when this happened, I had sister in school at that time, Lexington media(Channel 18 & 27) was there. The adminstration at that time told the seniors if they participated in the walkout they wouldn't get their dipolmas

This has been talked about for the last I believe 5 years, it seems more than likley it even more so to become a reality. What will happen to the old school that's an idea I believe is part of the discussion also.

The person or persons giving the land wants to name the school Robertson County High School.

A lot of contracts are still in discussion and finalization is a little ways off yet, hold to your hats, it's be a little bit of a ride.

How about the Robertson County Devilmen.:laugh:

I believe it was named after the guy who donated to building the school????? Some else closer has more info about that I'm sure.

He was a Judge from Mt.Olivet the present school stands on the land they donated. The house next to it was their home.

I've lived in Mt. Olivet my entire life and have family and friends that go to Deming and work there. They've also told the freshmen that they probably wouldn't graduate from Deming High School. It doesn't come much straighter than that. They also are going to build the school on the current site and have a large amount of funding for it already. Do you want to know anything else? K-12 will be in the same building as it is now but in different sections of the building.

 

(((I don't know who Devilman is but if he knew too much about whats going on in MT. O. He would've known that Scotty Graves was the best player to ever play for the black devils from a previous thread.))))

 

I personally think that should keep the name Deming Elementary in order to keep with tradition. Maybe just change from Black Devils to Red Devils.

Yes he is a great player, I just didn't pick him for that thread.:irked:

Don't be so sure on that. From what I've been told they are currently looking at a couple of pieces of property around the the "Greater Mt. Olivet Metro Area".

We have a Metro Area???:laugh:

We have a Metro Area???:laugh:

:lol: :lol:

Congrats to DEMING for gettting a new school. :p

{As far as a Team being called Robertson County in the 80's, It was not the Deming School in MT Olivet Kentucky, }According to a very very well know history buff from DEMING. The school was Robertson County High School Before 1927. After 1927 there were know as the DEMING BLACK DEVILS. I just got off the phone with this lady and she taught there 30 plus years ago . And that is the FACTS, And as far as the school being changed to another name, That will not ever happen as long as it is on the property it is now, It was given to Robertson County High School and The person that gave it to them was a person with the last name of DEMING.. Just a history FACT:

At one time the Tv media was calling us Mt.Olivet-Deming.

To be honest I've heard of the school closing and another school to reopen since I've been in school(1974-1983), I heard if one family gets their way, the school will be called Robertson County High School. Why?? To get away from past "DEMONS" that has hounded our basketball teams, being a small school you have just so much talent to work with, to erasing the past history, not all of it was bad, maybe a name change would change our luck, maybe because it'll attract attention from people wanting to send their kids to a different or new school to get a fresh start.

From what ever the reason we'll welcome what comes. Either the school will be named Deming or Robertson County.

We have a Metro Area???:laugh:

 

The Hittville-Piqua corridor...

You think teams will be able to get a fair game when the construction is over?? or will it be like it is now, coaches considering dropping them because you can't get a just competition?

You think teams will be able to get a fair game when the construction is over?? or will it be like it is now, coaches considering dropping them because you can't get a just competition?

 

What coaches are wanting to drop them? Who would be afraid to play a 8-13 team?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.