Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Ludlow

Featured Replies

I was tipped off that the job had been posted to Ludlow Independent Schools' employment portal on February 3rd. With no apparent word coming from Ludlow High School, I'm not sure if this is an actual open job, or if this is just a formality to enable Coach Woody McMillen to retire from teaching while remaining on as head football coach for the Panthers.



HAhXCDkWwAAMGxy.jpg

  • Replies 45
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PanthersProwling
    PanthersProwling

    This is just a formality. I just saw Coach this past Saturday. He will still be the head coach at Ludlow.

  • theguru
    theguru

    From Freeman Kelly Dronography on Facebook.

  • futurecoach
    futurecoach

    He did. McMillen started the WV program, and then after the first varsity season, he had to step down. Coach Barth then was the head coach for the next 16 years and won many district titles and a regi

Posted Images

The silence is loud!!

Is this Ludlow cooking the books or an actual job opening?

I’ve heard both that it’s only open as a formality since he retired from teaching, and that other people are being considered.  Not sure who to believe. 

I barely know Coach McMillen as I've only coached against his Teams.  He's a heck of a Coach and his Team always played & won with class.  So no matter what's going on at Ludlow Football, you've got my respect, Coach McMillen.  I'm seeing the job post now and can't help but laugh to almost tears..."Shift Type"  "Part-time".  Uh, it should be posted as "Shift Type"  "Forever"!

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is Jeff Barth still coaching at Ludlow? Built in successor.

Didn't he follow Coach McMillen at WV?  If it's open ... Great Hire, you're right!

6 hours ago, CoachU said:

Didn't he follow Coach McMillen at WV?  If it's open ... Great Hire, you're right!

He did. McMillen started the WV program, and then after the first varsity season, he had to step down. Coach Barth then was the head coach for the next 16 years and won many district titles and a regional championship. 
 

As for this job, I’m not sure what is going on. If I had to guess it will either be Coach McMillen getting hired back, if he wants to keep coaching. Or it would be Coach Barth taking over. Ludlow will be in good shape either way no matter if it’s Coach McMillen or Coach Barth as both are very good coaches. 

This is just a formality. I just saw Coach this past Saturday. He will still be the head coach at Ludlow.

  • Author

We're four days past the 30-day mark for the job listing, and it's still posted on Ludlow's employment portal.

I've heard rumors that Woody McMillen wants to stay on on as head coach at Ludlow after his retirement from teaching, and Ludlow's administrators are taking a little bit of a "we're gonna see who applies first before anything is set in stone," type of approach to the process.

LudlowOpening.jpg.d2798b70215a5278d9c3dca2c7bc34c3.jpg

14 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

We're four days past the 30-day mark for the job listing, and it's still posted on Ludlow's employment portal.

I've heard rumors that Woody McMillen wants to stay on on as head coach at Ludlow after his retirement from teaching, and Ludlow's administrators are taking a little bit of a "we're gonna see who applies first before anything is set in stone," type of approach to the process.

LudlowOpening.jpg.d2798b70215a5278d9c3dca2c7bc34c3.jpg

Woody is currently retired from teaching as he retired the week of Thanksgiving. I would be very curious to see who would apply.

11 minutes ago, DiamondGator23 said:

They have their guy.

???

A "let's wait and see" approach would have told me all I needed to know regarding the school's commitment to me as the coach. 

Will be fascinating to see who takes over....could be a great first job for some of the applicants that didn't get the litany of openings over the last few months. 

 

  • Author
10 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

A "let's wait and see" approach would have told me all I needed to know regarding the school's commitment to me as the coach. 

Will be fascinating to see who takes over....could be a great first job for some of the applicants that didn't get the litany of openings over the last few months.

Again, that is just what I've heard rumored among a few folks I know in NKY coaching circles, so that's not gospel, by any means. But I am a little more curious now seeing as it's beginning to extend a little past the 30-day job listing period required before Coach McMillen can officially be placed back as the head football coach at Ludlow and the listing is still hanging out there on their employment portal.

It could just be a matter of rumors combined with someone forgetting to take down the listing promptly, but it certainly is making me a little more curious.

Any word from the river?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.