Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Frank Riherd steps away from KHSAA scoreboard to due to health

Featured Replies

It takes serious knowledge of data and information systems to build something like Frank Riherd did, but it can be done. All scores are entered through Arbiter. Last year, Arbiter would send that info to the Riherd's Scoreboard. Now, they need to find a new place to send that information too. Arbiter being in place is a great starting point.  I have heard the KHSAA is working on a new Scoreboard of sorts. But they have not said anything to update schools or the public on what is going on. The data is already sent from Arbiter to MaxPreps. But MaxPreps has so many ads it's almost unusable.

Just take a look at these amazing sites a few different Kentucky high school sports fans have created on their own from scratch. Surely the KHSAA is working on something like this.

Boys Basketball - https://khsbb.com/

Wrestling - https://kentuckymat.com/

Soccer - https://rundellrankings.com/

  • Replies 79
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Big East Zebra
    Big East Zebra

    Just a thought here, with all that Mr. Riherds has done for the KHSAA and high school sports, it would be nice to see him inducted into the KHSAA Hall of Fame, so that he could receive the due recogni

  • ChiefSmoke
    ChiefSmoke

    When someone and their work is taken for granted, for so long, and you never have a complaint or see a problem, it reveals exactly how special and elite their work has been. That would certainly apply

  • DragonFire
    DragonFire

    Awful news all around. Horrible to hear that Frank has ALS, I can’t imagine the difficulty for him and his family. The scoreboard has been a true jewel for the state, an invaluable resource. Sadly, I

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Starting to get a little concerned...

Go on?

And just for fun I looked up my school, Beechwood.

beechies2.jpg

On 7/13/2026 at 4:59 PM, theguru said:

Go on?

The dead period ended five days ago and nowhere on the front page of the KHSAA website is there a link to a scoreboard. In the News & Notes, there's no update on a potential scoreboard. In the Athletic Department Reminders there is no mention of updating schedules and scores. If you've said repeatedly since January that there would be a replacement coming, it is complete incompetence to not have a "coming soon" link and an update in the news section. I've worried all along that they would just wing it and here we are one month before games start and nothing is showing for the casual fan.

image.thumb.png.2606556543a9ec93cb9fa82c7c828246.png

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

The dead period ended five days ago and nowhere on the front page of the KHSAA website is there a link to a scoreboard. In the News & Notes, there's no update on a potential scoreboard. In the Athletic Department Reminders there is no mention of updating schedules and scores. If you've said repeatedly since January that there would be a replacement coming, it is complete incompetence to not have a "coming soon" link and an update in the news section. I've worried all along that they would just wing it and here we are one month before games start and nothing is showing for the casual fan.

I certainly understand on updating all the links but it does appear to be working, at least for the handful of football teams/schedules I searched for. 

Here is the link, everyone:

https://arbiterlive.com/

I looked around through it I didn’t really see any roster information but it seemed ok other than that.

11 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

 

Here's the link to the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association website:

https://www.wiaa.com/schedules/?sportid=1

That site looks great and of course that is wonderful news assuming it is true. 

On 7/14/2026 at 7:10 PM, theguru said:

I certainly understand on updating all the links but it does appear to be working, at least for the handful of football teams/schedules I searched for. 

Here is the link, everyone:

https://arbiterlive.com/

Looks ok. Different but the much of the same info is there. I will be curious to see if team and player stats are linked like it was on Riherds. 

Is that link on the KHSAA site anywhere? I couldn't find it.

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

Looks ok. Different but the much of the same info is there. I will be curious to see if team and player stats are linked like it was on Riherds. 

Is that link on the KHSAA site anywhere? I couldn't find it.

I am not the expert here, VoR.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.