SEC Player of the year?

spe690

Davis is #2 in scoring and #1 in rebounding. Yes his team is terrible but that doens't change the fact he is probalby the best player in the conference.

You said Noah is your choice. Noah isn't even in the top 20 in scoring and is #6 in rebounding. Davis is ahead of Noah in almost every stat.

I don't think you dismiss Davis just because he plays on a bad team. Is Durant not the best player in college basketball just because Texas isn't that good?

You bring up some good points. I didn't look at any stats, I just think that at this point Florida has separated itself from the rest of the pack and Noah is the best player on that team. I wouldn't feel right giving it to a guy who is currently on the worst team in the conference.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree that Davis' chances of getting are slim due to LSU be being a disappointment thus far but I think sometimes people are too quick to give awards like this to someone on the best team. I would agree that Noah is the best player on Florida but not by much. Florida really doesn't have a weak link on the floor which in turn makes it easier for Noah to get his. Davis is LSU, teams know this and have still not been able to stop him.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Vols are 1-3 since Lofton has been out. He comes back I think he will prove how valuable he is to Tennessee and carry his way to the MVP. Byars is also a sleeper with Vandy. Joe Crawford?? Unfortunately he won't make first team all conference.

First team SEC. Lofton, Byars, Noah, Big Baby Davis, and Davidson from Alabama. :thumb:

The guard from Ga(can't remember name) is very good too...The only problem I see with Noah is that he shares the load with Horford, who, by all counts is just as good as Noah, statistically, at least and neither have the stats to garner POY honors, imo...

1st Team

Green

Lofton

Byars

Horford

Noah/Davis

Trying to narrow down the front court is difficult (with Davis). Between the two, I believe Horford is more deserving than Noah/Davis up until this point.

I respectfully think that's a bad 1st team. :D

Mine would look something like this:

Horford

Davidson

Davis

Lofton

Brewer