Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 1A Football Rankings 9/22

Featured Replies

Class 1A
1. Pikeville
2. Raceland
3. Kentucky Country Day 
4. Campbellsville
5. Hazard
6. Sayre
7. Louisville Holy Cross
8. Middlesboro 
9. Covington Holy Cross 
10. Newport

Anxious to see the 3v4 matchup here in a few weeks, should be a battle. One team will get a statement win.

I think it is all Raceland and Pikeville this year. 

Just now, theguru said:

I think it is all Raceland and Pikeville this year. 

So it's all Pikeville then.

1 minute ago, gchs_uk9 said:

So it's all Pikeville then.

I don't see it that way at all, I think I like Raceland in a rematch. 

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I don't see it that way at all, I think I like Raceland in a rematch. 

What Belfry put on film Friday is the best Christmas gift Raceland could have asked for.

Now Coach Mac is elite for a reason... I am sure Pikeville will also self scout what was exposed and make vast improvements... but it is very clear that Belfry at the very least gave the current blueprint of how to take away the deep passing game that Pikeville absolutely leaned into to defeat the Rams.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

I think it is all Raceland and Pikeville this year. 

Bookmark this. I hope you’re wrong week 15. Don’t count out the Eagles. They got out of the mountains with a win over hazard. Easily 2-3 TDs better than them but the officials called back three big runs. I was there, the penalties were very lopsided in favor of hazard. 

Raceland is the best team in 1A. I think that set back where they were up 27-0 on pikeville and loose the game is what they needed on the way to a class A championship!

Fully transparent. I’ve not seen Pikeville and I have no doubt they’ll be in the mix come Nov. because that’s what they do. I do question them being able to sit atop the rankings with 3 losses. Strength of schedule is great, but actually winning games should be taken into account.

1 hour ago, Wildcat63 said:

Bookmark this. I hope you’re wrong week 15. Don’t count out the Eagles. They got out of the mountains with a win over hazard. Easily 2-3 TDs better than them but the officials called back three big runs. I was there, the penalties were very lopsided in favor of hazard. 

I hope I am wrong too meaning I hope more teams are competitive with Raceland and Pikeville this year but I don't think I am wrong. 

34 minutes ago, bubba270 said:

Fully transparent. I’ve not seen Pikeville and I have no doubt they’ll be in the mix come Nov. because that’s what they do. I do question them being able to sit atop the rankings with 3 losses. Strength of schedule is great, but actually winning games should be taken into account.

Hard to rank Raceland above them when Pikeville beat Raceland.

58 minutes ago, bubba270 said:

Fully transparent. I’ve not seen Pikeville and I have no doubt they’ll be in the mix come Nov. because that’s what they do. I do question them being able to sit atop the rankings with 3 losses. Strength of schedule is great, but actually winning games should be taken into account.

I don’t believe anyone in Class 1A would have a record better than 2-3 if they had played Pikeville’s schedule. Nobody in the class is beating CAL or Johnson Central; it comes down to whether you think anyone else could beat Belfry. Outside of maybe Raceland, I don’t think so, and Pikeville beat Raceland.

1 hour ago, Wildcat63 said:

Bookmark this. I hope you’re wrong week 15. Don’t count out the Eagles. They got out of the mountains with a win over hazard. Easily 2-3 TDs better than them but the officials called back three big runs. I was there, the penalties were very lopsided in favor of hazard. 

Hazard had way more penalties than Campbellsville did. Hazard was inside the 20 6 times in this game. They scored on 3 of those.The other 3, They missed a field goal, punted on 4th and goal, and had a turnover on downs. So you could say Hazard could have easily been 2-3 touchdown better. This game should have/could have started off no better or worse than 14-0, 10-0, or 6-0. But coming into this game Campbellsville was the better team and higher ranked team. The game lived up to the hype of a Top 5 matchup. 

I think Raceland is the current #1. I'd have KCD at #2, Campbellsville at #3 and then Pikeville 4th. Follow those with M'Boro, Sayre, Cov HCross, Hazard, Newport and Nicholas Co..

Just now, jeff jackson said:

I think Raceland is the current #1. I'd have KCD at #2, Campbellsville at #3 and then Pikeville 4th. Follow those with M'Boro, Sayre, Cov HCross, Hazard, Newport and Nicholas Co..

Pikeville 4th!!??  No way!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.