Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken County 41 Bishop Brossart 13

Featured Replies

26 minutes ago, brooksville said:

Final from Alexandria. 

looking-polar-bear.gif

Nice win, that. Congrats PBs!

3 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

looking-polar-bear.gif

Nice win, that. Congrats PBs!

I am shocked.  A running clock?   Wow 

  • Author
7 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

I am shocked.  A running clock?   Wow 

Bracken got up 41-0 one minute into the second half. 

Bracken County comes to Alexandria, down their starting quarterback (Benedict) and premiere Running Back (Tartar) and run roughshod over our Mustangs 41-13 in  a running clock loss by our Mustangs.

To say we "didn't see this coming", is an understatement, as with the two main Polar Bears sidelined, we anticipated a final score similar to what happened, only on the other side of the scoreboard.

Here is what I have form my notes:

Here is what I have from my notes:
 
BRACKEN CO
1st Q   -  9:38  -  Kirk   -  75 yard Interception Pick 6 + PAT    -  7-0
2nd Q  -  8:51  -  Ryland Tucker  -  12 Yard TD Run  -  PAT No Good     -  13-0
2nd Q  -  3:46  -   Kirk  -  32 yard TD -  PAT Good  -  20-0
2nd Q  -  2:30   -  Bachman  Interception - 20 Yards  TD  -  PAT Good  -  27-0
2nd Q   -  0:00  -  Bachman Blocked FG Attempt  -  TD  -  80 Yards  -  PAT Good  -  3-0  (Half)
3rd Q   -  10:54  -  Kirk  -  83 yard run  -  TD,  PAT Good   -  41-0
 
BROSSART
4th Q   -   6:40  -  Spaulding to Bentley McKinzie 1 Yard TD  -  PAT No Good   -   41-6
4th  Q  -   3:05   -  Spaulding 1 Yard Rushing TD  -  PAT Good    -   41-6  (Final)
 
Jackson Whiten was outstanding blocking and opening holes for his runner.  After watching him operate tonight it is easy to see how Tartar can run for over 2,000 yards a season. 
 
Mustangs will have a week to right the ship as 3-0 Nicholas County comes to call next Friday night in Alexandria.
Bracken County will have to get healthy quick, as Sayre comes to Brooksville.

I mean wow!!!! I picked Brossart. To lose is one thing but this result is insane. Good luck to both programs going forward.

9 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I mean wow!!!! I picked Brossart. To lose is one thing but this result is insane. Good luck to both programs going forward.

I thought this would be a banger. And with Bracken having 2 key offensive players out and the way Brossart had been playing defense I too expected Brossart to win this game, albeit in close fashion. For them to get smoked like this...yeah wow. Applause to Bracken for really having each others backs, being their brothers keeper and playing smash mouth football. Congrats to them on a great win.

12 hours ago, Breds82 said:

I mean wow!!!! I picked Brossart. To lose is one thing but this result is insane. Good luck to both programs going forward.

Same with me. Bracken County showing that they are better without key players in the game. Very impressive win for Bracken County.

That Covington Holy Cross win looks even better after this. 

3 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

I thought this would be a banger. And with Bracken having 2 key offensive players out and the way Brossart had been playing defense I too expected Brossart to win this game, albeit in close fashion. For them to get smoked like this...yeah wow. Applause to Bracken for really having each others backs, being their brothers keeper and playing smash mouth football. Congrats to them on a great win.

The term I always heard was next man up. 

18 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

The term I always heard was next man up. 

Hats off to BC. They came out ready to play and capitalized on several big plays that made it impossible for Brossart to recover. 

  • Author

Quarterback Andrew Kirk handing it off to Jackson Whitten.  Kirk was the third option for QB and usually plays receiver and cornerback.  Jackson Whitten is a 6'4" 270 pound offensive lineman.  Bracken County had to get creative on offense.  Photo by MaxPreps' Wayne Litmer.

image.thumb.jpeg.b5ddd6c0877d9f8b72dcaffd4974fa8f.jpeg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.