Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ohio State 14 Texas 7

Featured Replies

Final. A good game the Buckeye defense comes up big. As stated in the update thread the Longhorns lead in most of the offensive categories except the one that counts the final score. Texas had 5 more first downs 133 more total yards, but a big Manning turnover led to the touchdown by the Buckeyes that was the difference. These two may see each other again in December in the CFP. Both teams defense was very good. Congrats to Ohio State!

Makes me happy, send the Horns back to Texas. 

The Manning hype was a heavy load for Arch.  Missed so many crossing patterns rifling passes unnecessarily.  Having this game behind him should allow him to get his sea legs.  Heisman hype mega-premature.

Just now, Oldercoach said:

The Manning hype was a heavy load for Arch.  Missed so many crossing patterns rifling passes unnecessarily.  Having this game behind him should allow him to get his sea legs.  Heisman hype mega-premature.

I am thinking Arch will have a good year but yes he missed a lot of passes.  

Texas defense played well enough to win this game.

Ohio State defense looked incredible. 

We'll have to see how good these offenses really to know just how good the defense really was today.

4 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Boring game I fell asleep watching.

I agree. I didn’t feel like I watching vaunted defenses, either. Rather, poor offensive execution, especially by Arch. Had he been 25% of the hype, Texas wins going away. Why in the hell was he continually throwing the football like a Randy Johnson pitch?

56 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I agree. I didn’t feel like I watching vaunted defenses, either. Rather, poor offensive execution, especially by Arch. Had he been 25% of the hype, Texas wins going away. Why in the hell was he continually throwing the football like a Randy Johnson pitch?

It did look like the Big Unit a couple of times, lol lol. ?

alright.jpg

5 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Boring game I fell asleep watching.

I agree. This game was a snooze fest.

On 8/30/2025 at 4:16 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

Ohio State will run the board now.

Not so fast my friend.    That was not a dominant performance to suggest that. Lucky to get the W. 

3 hours ago, changeup said:

Not so fast my friend.    That was not a dominant performance to suggest that. Lucky to get the W. 

I saw enough from them that I'd be shocked at two losses. There's a chance they could lose one. 

They'll build some confidence these next four games then roll into Illinois and Wisconsin before coming home for the big Penn State show down. (Not) Big Game James (Franklin) will come in probably ranked #2 and will leave with his tail between his legs. Then Purdue, UCLA and Rutgers get the Bucks warmed up for the Michigan game. Ohio State is going to enjoy the trip home from Ann Arbor after closing out the season getting back on track versus the M.

PSU and Michigan are their only possible slip ups and as long as the beard dye holds on they'll sweep those.

OSU was very conservative on offense.  They will amp it up the next few weeks.  That said, Sayin seemed much more poised and accurate than Manning.  Texas will get Manning going the next few weeks as well.  Both teams have legit defenses, which is why I was shocked at the high score predictions.

Texas next three games are cupcakes, should give a chance to build some rhythm and consistency. Road games at Florida and Georgia are the two toughest road games left, Oklahoma at the State Fair and A&M at home to end the season. Texas could go anywhere from 10-2 to 7-5. I wouldn't be shocked right now at any result in that range.

When Manning's first pass went into the turf, I had a feeling he was in for a long day.  His mechanics seemed off to me.  He was opening up too soon and side-arming a lot.  I hate to say it, but he seemed to be playing scared.  I still believe he was concussed in the Cotton Bowl game and maybe that was on his mind.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.