Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Mayfield at Tilghman 83 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/06/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

32 minutes ago, jeff jackson said:

Personally, Mayfield winning this thing wouldn't be that much of an upset. They have the speed and athleticism to keep up and IMO, have the better passing game and are more fundamentally sound. They'll be outsized in the trenches and will have to swarm to the ball using there quickness advantage and not make too many costly mistakes, but, I like there chances. 

I’m interested in how you say that Mayfield has the better passing game.  PT lost a lot of WRs but have basically reloaded there.   However, I have heard that Mayfield’s QB is much improved from last year.  I haven’t had a chance to see him yet this season.  

  • Replies 256
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Another neat thing I was just thinking about this game from a year ago was while we were on vacation and out in the middle of the Gulf on a cruise ship.  I broke down and bought their expensive i

  • Thanks for sharing and another reason why all high schools should stream their games. 

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    No better time to check this game out than this coming Friday! Teams seem pretty evenly matched this year. Not trying to look ahead but it seems Paducah will have the upper hand in the next few years

Posted Images

  • Author

Just for the sake of randomness, PT has 21 Seniors on the roster for this game, Mayfield 13. Lot of good experience out there. 

  • Author

Both teams very balanced on offense. Mayfield has 45 pass attempts and has ran the ball 37 times. 

PT has thrown it 70 times and ran it 65 times. 

35 minutes ago, PTown Dad said:

I’m interested in how you say that Mayfield has the better passing game.  PT lost a lot of WRs but have basically reloaded there.   However, I have heard that Mayfield’s QB is much improved from last year.  I haven’t had a chance to see him yet this season.  

 

26 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

Both teams very balanced on offense. Mayfield has 45 pass attempts and has ran the ball 37 times. 

PT has thrown it 70 times and ran it 65 times. 

If I were a PT fan, I would be concerned about one thing. The new QB has thrown 3 interceptions in 2 lopsided wins. Turnovers are killers in close games.

Even as a Mayfield fan I was a little confused on us having a better passing game...Our QB has gotten better and I assume in each passing game both QBs will get better but I think Paducah Tilghman QB may have more passing touchdowns and yards...turn overs are important but as a Mayfield fan IMO our success to winning anything lies on OUR offensive line and star running back...

I could be wrong but also look it up.. As in 2 relative easy games I think our 2 starting WR either have 1 or no receiving touchdowns and its not a given they will get any tonight and could possibly be going into week 4 with no receiving touchdowns now that's a serious concern for our passing game...Don't forget about special teams also as they were good last week ie against Christian County but you gotta start some where....again I'm hanging my hat on our offensive line and star running back to get it done...

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

If I were a PT fan, I would be concerned about one thing. The new QB has thrown 3 interceptions in 2 lopsided wins. Turnovers are killers in close games.

Two of those interceptions were good passes but tipped by the receiver.

Should be a HUGE Crowd!  Good luck to both teams!

I'll be paying attention from Georgetown!

53 minutes ago, BigBlue92 said:

Two of those interceptions were good passes but tipped by the receiver.

Uh oh. Now you have another concern - receivers having trouble catching the ball ... :classic_rolleyes:

Has the potential to be among the top few games in the Commonwealth this weekend. 
 

PT 41

Mayfield 33

Apparently someone in Mayfield made a threat on social media earlier today.

Extra police presence at Tilghman tonight for sure.

Just stupid.

I will say the Blue Tornado faithful have been rather humble about this game tonight, surprising to me from the outside looking in I have to admit.

3 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

I will say the Blue Tornado faithful have been rather humble about this game tonight, surprising to me from the outside looking in I have to admit.

Maybe it is because they know PT is better. 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, TheBallCoach said:

I will say the Blue Tornado faithful have been rather humble about this game tonight, surprising to me from the outside looking in I have to admit.

I've seen way too many mistakes for my liking so far from PT. Not saying they make them all year and I hope they don't, but the first couple weeks left a lot to be desired. 

I'm hoping for the best, but know if they play like they did the first couple games, it's gonna be everything they can handle. 

Just now, theguru said:

Maybe it is because they know PT is better. 

Ahhh a classic pull them in real tight make them feel as though they have a legitimate chance and rip their heart out. Rivalry game too, it adds up. That is why you’re the guru.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.