Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Mayfield at Tilghman 83 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/06/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I don't know much about PT other than following along on here, and watching them from previous seasons.  Top notch talent, which means they can overcome mistakes/miscues a little easier than everyone else.  I think Mayfield matches up well this year.  My one concern would be, and this showed in last year's playoff loss to LCA, that Mayfield has trouble with downhill, power running teams.  IMO if Mayfield gets exploited it would be in this area.  Their defense is fast but lacks size.  It's already been mentioned and I agree that Mayfield needs to keep control of the football, chew clock, and most importantly score when the opportunity arises.  I don't see the Cards coming from behind so they will need to maintain the momentum as much as possible.  Will need to force some turnovers as well.  Going to be a fun game to watch no matter what happens.

Cards win by 1 point.

  • Replies 256
  • Views 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Another neat thing I was just thinking about this game from a year ago was while we were on vacation and out in the middle of the Gulf on a cruise ship.  I broke down and bought their expensive i

  • Thanks for sharing and another reason why all high schools should stream their games. 

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    No better time to check this game out than this coming Friday! Teams seem pretty evenly matched this year. Not trying to look ahead but it seems Paducah will have the upper hand in the next few years

Posted Images

1 more day until the big big game but wow its been very very quite on this thread...where is the fireworks?

It really wasn’t that long ago that the Blue Tornado was just hoping for a win against these Cardinals. Tilghman is about 50/50 on the run/pass after two games but I could see them utilizing the run a little bit more in this one. Two really good SR running backs, could be a long night for Mayfield if they can get behind that big offensive line and wear down that front 7. I don’t believe it’ll be another route like we saw last year in this rivalry nor do I see a competitive one score game when they broke the drought.

Blue Tornado 38 Cardinals 21

2 hours ago, DaTruth said:

1 more day until the big big game but wow its been very very quite on this thread...where is the fireworks?

I am ready to watch the fireworks tomorrow night. ?

  • Author
31 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am ready to watch the fireworks tomorrow night. ?

With the rain/storms coming in roughly around game time, give or take a few hours, it will be interesting to see how the weather cooperates or not. Might be a whole lot of both running games in this one. 

Just now, TilghmanPride said:

With the rain/storms coming in roughly around game time, give or take a few hours, it will be interesting to see how the weather cooperates or not. Might be a whole lot of both running games in this one. 

If I am going to a game I want 60s and cloudy, if I am at home watching a game a variety of weather makes it interesting. 

2 hours ago, TheBallCoach said:

I don’t believe it’ll be another route like we saw last year in this rivalry nor do I see a competitive one score game when they broke the drought.

This is pretty much where I'm at, as well. The gap has narrowed since last year, but Tilghman still maintains its grip on the rivalry.

As much team speed as the Tornado has this year, they're probably still a half step slower than last year. The absence of some of last year's "supermen" should put less stress on Mayfield and allow the Cards to stay within 2-3 scores.

On 8/30/2025 at 12:43 AM, TilghmanPride said:

Paducah Tilghman 2-0 / Mayfield 2-0

The 2nd oldest rivalry in the state of Kentucky is back for game number 112. Mayfield leads the all-time series 53-48-10.

I've found three different all-time series records. The one listed above is what you get when you combine the record keeping at mayfieldcardinals.net with the khaaa scoreboard. The Paducah Sun credits Mayfield with a 53-49-10 advantage. Then there's the X account below, which has always been a credible source.

There are apparently a couple of results in dispute - 1911 & 1912. I'm assuming they account for the discrepancy, but I'm not certain.

 

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

I've found three different all-time series records. The one listed above is what you get when you combine the record keeping at mayfieldcardinals.net with the khaaa scoreboard. The Paducah Sun credits Mayfield with a 53-49-10 advantage. Then there's the X account below, which has always been a credible source.

There are apparently a couple of results in dispute - 1911 & 1912. I'm assuming they account for the discrepancy, but I'm not certain.

 

52-50-10 after Friday lol ???

I agree this will be a pretty evenly match game and rain could make for a good in the trenches game. I’m picking Tilghman by 2-3 touchdowns!

that's what I am talking about...Too good of a game to not talk about it..

I will be at this one myself...GBR

2 hours ago, BigBlue92 said:

52-50-10 after Friday lol ???

I agree this will be a pretty evenly match game and rain could make for a good in the trenches game. I’m picking Tilghman by 2-3 touchdowns!

Fairly even game, 2 or 3 touchdowns?

The only way I see this if Mayfield gets picked off or has a few fumbles that lead to scores.   Fairly clean game, I say PT is favored but Mayfield can still pull off the upset. Now if PT has a few turnovers and plays undisciplined ball then  Mayfield could win this game.

25 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Fairly even game, 2 or 3 touchdowns?

The only way I see this if Mayfield gets picked off or has a few fumbles that lead to scores.   Fairly clean game, I say PT is favored but Mayfield can still pull off the upset. Now if PT has a few turnovers and plays undisciplined ball then  Mayfield could win this game.

Got to get the thread going and people talking some how! I’m still picking PT by 2 touchdowns, mistakes and penalties could make this game a lot closer or flip the other way. I expect a really good game though.

Just hours away from the big game and of course I'm pulling for Mayfield with my heart but I think Tilghman still has a little to much for the Cardinals especially at home....looking forward to attending this game and looking forward to it being a good game...GBR pull of the upset.

Personally, Mayfield winning this thing wouldn't be that much of an upset. They have the speed and athleticism to keep up and IMO, have the better passing game and are more fundamentally sound. They'll be outsized in the trenches and will have to swarm to the ball using there quickness advantage and not make too many costly mistakes, but, I like there chances. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.