Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region All First Team

Featured Replies

One firm candidate must be:

Josh Hurd 6'8" senior from Simon Kenton

He is currently leading the state in field goal percentage at 73.5%

 

I've only seen SK twice this season but I came away very impressed with Hurd. He's much stronger, has a nice hook shot and has been very good at finishing in the post. 73% is impressive no matter how big you are.:thumb:

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Neeley...hands down.

 

I agree TBG, Neeley is by far the best player in the 8th region... even with a healthy Hester from SK.:thumb: Hester has weapons to help him out so the other team can not key on just him. Neeley is pretty much doing it by his lonesome and once in a while, he gets a little help from the others on his team. Not taking anything from Hester, he is a nice player, but Neeley has my vote.

I agree TBG, Neeley is by far the best player in the 8th region... even with a healthy Hester from SK.:thumb: Hester has weapons to help him out so the other team can not key on just him. Neeley is pretty much doing it by his lonesome and once in a while, he gets a little help from the others on his team. Not taking anything from Hester, he is a nice player, but Neeley has my vote.

 

I can respect saying that you believe he is the best player in the 8th, but saying "by far the best player in the 8th region", is BY FAR an over statement. Hester is a great player. Neeley may or may not be better, but if he his, he isn't by much. Have you seen Hester or Hurd play? - Not saying you haven't, just wondering.

I haven't seen any Kentucky high school ball this year and have never seen Neeley play, but I have watched Mike Hester play since his freshman year at SK. I think that everyone will see Mike's game in the 8th region tourney...not disrespecting the 32nd district but I can't see GC,WV, or Williamstown stopping SK from ending up in the winners bracket in the 8th region tourney.

 

I do have a question though, what district does Owen Co. play in now?

I believe they are 31st.

1st team

Guard - Hester

Guard - Neeley

Post - Hurd

Forward - Chambers

Forward - Perkins

 

I haven't seen Anderson, or any of the Oldham's play. So I might be missing someone.

Neeley Owen Co., Payne from Oldham just spanked Chambers in their head to head. Chambers vs Hurd coming up soon. Spencer from North Oldham. bad team.. great numbers vs solid teams. Penny from Anderson is solid as well!

 

How did Payne look against Hurd?

1st team

Guard - Hester

Guard - Neeley

Post - Hurd

Forward - Chambers

Forward - Perkins

 

I haven't seen Anderson, or any of the Oldham's play. So I might be missing someone.

 

Two things i dis agree with, One as good as Hester is, He has missed half the year so i dont think he should be on the team, plug in edmondson, and i think that Elbert deserves to be on this team, He has played a huge role in SK's sucess with out Hester.

I don't remember anyone in the post from OC that stood out in the game against SK but it was just one game.

I can respect saying that you believe he is the best player in the 8th, but saying "by far the best player in the 8th region", is BY FAR an over statement. Hester is a great player. Neeley may or may not be better, but if he his, he isn't by much. Have you seen Hester or Hurd play? - Not saying you haven't, just wondering.

 

Valid point. Have you seen Neeley play?

1st team

Guard - Hester

Guard - Neeley

Post - Hurd

Forward - Chambers

Forward - Perkins

 

I haven't seen Anderson, or any of the Oldham's play. So I might be missing someone.

C.J. Penny from Anderson Co. definately should be first team. He might be the best player in his District(Shelby,Anderson,Eminence, and Spencer) , and he's just a sophomore.
Valid point. Have you seen Neeley play?

 

No sir. That's why I said he may or may not be better.

I agree TBG, Neeley is by far the best player in the 8th region... even with a healthy Hester from SK.:thumb: Hester has weapons to help him out so the other team can not key on just him. Neeley is pretty much doing it by his lonesome and once in a while, he gets a little help from the others on his team. Not taking anything from Hester, he is a nice player, but Neeley has my vote.

 

You can make the same argument for Hester with that statement. Put Mike on a team like Owen Co and the kid would put up huge numbers. ( especially against Owen Co's schedule ) As for POY, Josh Hurd should get this.

You can make the same argument for Hester with that statement. Put Mike on a team like Owen Co and the kid would put up huge numbers. ( especially against Owen Co's schedule ) As for POY, Josh Hurd should get this.

 

Very good post:thumb: :ylsuper: .

As far as I can tell, outside of their district games (which they have to play), Simon's only other 8th region games are against Shelby and Oldham. Hurd and Hester may get more votes if the fans would get to see them play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.