Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Evan Hampton - Mr. Football Conversation

Featured Replies

Evan Hampton (RB, Owensboro)

67385a678f7d4.image.jpg.17faaef370e88cdcb19d29c9fa9953c8.jpg

Photo credit to Alan Warren for the Messenger-Inquirer.

The heat generated by Owensboro in the pre-season was quickly extinguished by Saint Xavier, against whom Hampton could only muster 40 yards on 15 carries. Running is what he does best, but it's hard to go anywhere when there's no room to stretch your legs.

The sledding doesn't get any easier in Week 2, with 3A bulldozer CAL coming to Rash Stadium. 

It was a slow start to the season for most of our favorites, so Hampton’s night against the Tigers is only a temporary setback. But can he afford another “off night” against the three time reigning kings of 3A?

*This will be a season long thread, serving as an extension of the watchlist and focusing on individual players as opposed to the wider net of the weekly watchlist.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • He’s the highest recruited kid in the state based upon offers.  #1 in state by rivals, #16 RB in nation and. #170 overall, but It all depends on how far he carries them.  Torched South Warrren for 200

  • https://www.hudl.com/video/3/14365438/68c5a3dd47411d9ca6775e5c   In his first full game since CAL and X (he was limited to 3 carries for 66 yards at DC due to shoulder bruise): Hampton

  • Today Evan Hampton signed with Vanderbilt.  Hampton the #27 running back in the nation, #1 RB in KY according to ESPN and Rivals.   Hampton originally Committed to play baseball for UK after his fresh

Posted Images

I've been watching this young man play since 8th grade and he is a special talent.

While I would have liked to have seen him stay at UofL so I could likely see more of his games, you can't argue going to Vandy and getting a super education and playing in the SEC.

I look for him to put up some big numbers this year, but probably not until after next week vs CAL.

He’s the highest recruited kid in the state based upon offers.  #1 in state by rivals, #16 RB in nation and. #170 overall, but It all depends on how far he carries them.  Torched South Warrren for 200+ and 3 TD’s in ‘23 playoffs.  This O line is not doing him any favors.  If he ran at CAL, X or a top school he would blow up…but he has O’s O-line…tough to overcome.  Last year at CAL had 18 touches for 120 and 1.  I believe he had a TD called back.  Had a beautiful return TD against CAL as sophomore, called back on a very late flag …which I thought was boloney from the back judge block in the back about 60 yards away - when Crowe had the guy blocked on his side…Hampton way past that block at that point.

CovCath kid didn’t put up huge numbers his senior year, but was most recruited and was the reason they won the state championship and he won it.  So if it’s a fair shake he has a chance depending upon how far O goes.

  • Author

Hampton's candidacy is on life support after managing only 15 yards on 7 carries against CAL. 

There is a road back to contention ahead of him, but he can't hit anymore potholes. He's got to find some running room soon. As in, this week.

Another bad night against Daviess County and we can probably start shoveling dirt on the idea of Owensboro's first ever Mr. Football happening this year.

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Hampton's candidacy is on life support after managing only 15 yards on 7 carries against CAL. 

There is a road back to contention ahead of him, but he can't hit anymore potholes. He's got to find some running room soon. As in, this week.

Another bad night against Daviess County and we can probably start shoveling dirt on the idea of Owensboro's first ever Mr. Football happening this year.

I think we have to wait and see. A little EARLY, HOWEVER, time is a wasting too. As each week slowly ticks away so does his chances. I agree with DevilsMayCare, he has to have  dominating performance Friday Night. It's going to rain Friday night so does DC load the box to stop Hampton? 

I'm ready for the bloodshed to end Friday Night. If we lose we won't be at Catholic and will start out 0-4. Then we have Graves on the road and WE DO NOT PLAY WELL AT GRAVES. 

 

28 minutes ago, TimeWillTell said:

It's going to rain Friday night so does DC load the box to stop Hampton?

 

If DC doesn't load the box, they are nuts.  But their Coach is a Red Devils guy  right?  So he knows about Hampton (who doesn't).  Going to be an entertaining game I think.

I think the ohs receivers play a big role in this game. And I don’t mean catching the ball. They are gonna have to block downfield to free up Hampton. DC has some very good speed in their secondary. This may be the key. 

4 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Hampton's candidacy is on life support after managing only 15 yards on 7 carries against CAL. 

There is a road back to contention ahead of him, but he can't hit anymore potholes. He's got to find some running room soon. As in, this week.

Another bad night against Daviess County and we can probably start shoveling dirt on the idea of Owensboro's first ever Mr. Football happening this year.

I agree can’t have a terrible night against DC, but Hampton will need to pull a Michael Maher - who didn’t have very great numbers early on but was the #1 ranked recruit and led CovCath to the title.  I( think he can still do it, but will need to lead Owensboro from here on out and dominate in the playoffs.  I could also see O using him as safety - not sure they will, but they need to.

8 minutes ago, Brown said:

I agree can’t have a terrible night against DC, but Hampton will need to pull a Michael Maher - who didn’t have very great numbers early on but was the #1 ranked recruit and led CovCath to the title.  I( think he can still do it, but will need to lead Owensboro from here on out and dominate in the playoffs.  I could also see O using him as safety - not sure they will, but they need to.

I don’t think they will and risk him getting injured. But you play the game. So the decision is his future more important or his senior year. Tough decisions for the coaching staff and the family. 

  • Author

Any word on Hampton's status? Stating the obvious here, but missing some time wouldn't be ideal for getting back in the race. He already had ground to make up.

@Brown @Devils Fan @TimeWillTell

I heard he is good to go. They took him out of the DC game for precautionary measures.

I think a Mr. Football excels regardless of the competition and regardless of the limitations of the factors within his own team. To be the best player in KY means that essentially, irrespective of who you are playing, you are just out of everyone's league. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.