FSU 68 Duke 67

sportsfan1977

Looked great or good? Thats far from brilliant. There are only 5 or 6 teams in the nation that have looked "brilliant" this season and Duke is definately not one of them.

Teams show signs of brilliance all the time, some can sustain that level of play for longer periods than others...this team is not ready to make the next step. Actually there are only two teams right now that can. I am not at all upset about that, it is tough to lose two guys that have their numbers retired, and a pump up kind of guy, that hit tons of big shots, and still maintain a supreme level of excellence. The sky is certainly not falling in Durham, I am actually quite pleased with how well Krzyzewski has been able to get these guys to steadily improve (minus the hiccups here and there), as the season has progressed, it makes me really excited for the next 2-3 years.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is indeed a tragedy that Coach Krzyzewski has built a hall of fame career simply because officials love Duke....they should strip them of their 3 titles and those 10 out of the last 21 seasons, in which they ended up in the Final Four.

First off this is far from being a typical year for Duke. They are WAY down so they are losing games this year they normally win. Coach K is a GREAT coach. But when it comes down to it, he does get the benifet of the doubt alot of the time. Thats what comes with being the official school of espn.

Teams show signs of brilliance all the time, some can sustain that level of play for longer periods than others...this team is not ready to make the next step. Actually there are only two teams right now that can. I am not at all upset about that, it is tough to lose two guys that have their numbers retired, and a pump up kind of guy, that hit tons of big shots, and still maintain a supreme level of excellence. The sky is certainly not falling in Durham, I am actually quite pleased with how well Krzyzewski has been able to get these guys to steadily improve (minus the hiccups here and there), as the season has progressed, it makes me really excited for the next 2-3 years.

You aren't watching the same team I am watching then.

Wow is Right!!! Lets see, what a sports weekend.......U.K. wins and UNC, U.L., U.T. and Duke all lose......................Priceless!!!! :D

However a U.T. win over U.F. would have helped U.K. in the SEC standings.

UK will be sitting at home while UNC is going deep into March. :dancingpa

I think it is indeed a tragedy that Coach Krzyzewski has built a hall of fame career simply because officials love Duke....they should strip them of their 3 titles and those 10 out of the last 21 seasons, in which they ended up in the Final Four.

Duke and K both have been helped into Final Fours and a couple titles by many a referee's help. Even Stevie Wonder has seen that....and everyone else also. Chat sites across the country are filled with 'Dook Cheats' and 'The Ref's gave that one to Duke' posts. And don't even get me started on how unfair coach eyechart recruits using those Cheverolet and American Express commercials.

Duke and K both have been helped into Final Fours and a couple titles by many a referee's help. Even Stevie Wonder has seen that....and everyone else also. Chat sites across the country are filled with 'Dook Cheats' and 'The Ref's gave that one to Duke' posts. And don't even get me started on how unfair coach eyechart recruits using those Cheverolet and American Express commercials.

:sleep:

Oh how I do love the jealousy.